Breakfast Calories

Options
how many calories do you usually allot for breakfast? lunch? dinner? snacks? just curious

Replies

• DKWaggoner
    Options
    I try to keep breakfast between 450-500
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is generally under 300 ... but each day can vary depending on taste and activities. You tweak it as you go ... learning what works and what doesn't. Everybody is different and you will need to experiment to see what works for you. :)
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every working day, Egg McMuffin and Hash Brown, 440 calories. Other meals vary. :flowerforyou:
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I try to keep mine under 350... but that's purely so I can eat more for the rest of the day! :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    depends on what im hungry for and plans for the day. today my breakfast was 692, yesterday it was 370, tomorrow it will be about 200..
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every working day, Egg McMuffin and Hash Brown, 440 calories. Other meals vary. :flowerforyou:

Oh honey!! If you MUST eat @ McD's every day....PLEASE forego the Hashbrown and ask for apple dippers. OR do what I do. Buy a bunch of english muffins, boil and slice some eggs and get some fat free ham. Pre-make them and wrap them in saran wrap. On your way out the door, zap it in the microwave. It will save you money and almost 1200 in sodium!!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic for your body :/
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i usually keep breakfast under 200 calories - it's easier for me to keep on track if I save calories for dinner
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I usually do just under 200 calories for breakfast (a bowl of bran flakes with skim milk, a cup of OJ and maybe a cup of tea or black coffee.) But if I decide to have an omelet, it's usually between 300-400 calories. I do like a little bit of variety. lol. The rest of my meals/snacks tends to vary a lot.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This is going to vary radically from person to person. Everyone's caloric goals are going to differ as well as how they break up their eating.

Are you polling for a survey or are you looking for a point of reference to shape your own eating plan by?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

Oh honey!! If you MUST eat @ McD's every day....PLEASE forego the Hashbrown and ask for apple dippers. OR do what I do. Buy a bunch of english muffins, boil and slice some eggs and get some fat free ham. Pre-make them and wrap them in saran wrap. On your way out the door, zap it in the microwave. It will save you money and almost 1200 in sodium!!

Must try this! Sounds yummy. :D
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    To answer your question

breakfast - 400ish

Mid morning - 200

Lunch - 450ish

Mid afternoon - 200

Post workout - 200

Dinner - 500 to 600 depending

I net about 1870 a day.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Usually between 250-350

I basically have the same breakfast every day..

2 slices of WW Whole Wheat Bread: 80 calories
    4-6oz of either turkey or ham: 120-160 calories
    Coffee with creamer: 60 calories

Weird for breakfast I guess, but a sandwich is an easy way for me to get more protein into my days.. Plus I'm not a huge breakfast-food fan.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I hated eating breakfast my entire life. So when I first started this, I ate only a 90 calorie Special K bar for many, many months because it was a "better than nothing for breakfast" option. But now I really love my breakfasts and if I eat one that's too small I fell all funky and most of the time they're around 300 calories, give or take.
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I total about 500-600 for breakfast, but it's all good foods (a nut & seed muesli I make myself, almond milk, chia seeds and flax seed oil) so I don't beat myself up about it. Plus, if I don't have a good and filling breakfast I find that I kind of wig out for the rest of the day, snacking and picking and making other bad choices :noway:
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I tend to make breakfast my high-calorie meal, often times -- unless I have some Kashi. I feel better with a good breakfast, but I've always been like that.
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I usually have cereal like Special K or Nestle Fitnesse for breakfast with low fat milk, amounting to about 200 calories. If I need an extra boost for the day I'll add in a piece of fruit, bringing it up to 300 calories.

Some people adopt the 'inverted pyramid' calorie system, where you eat the most calories during breakfast, a little less at lunch and the least calories at dinner. But I find that I can't eat much during breakfast (except on Sundays when I eat a big breakfast after church), so I tend to do the exact opposite, and it works for me. :)
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I usually try to keep it 300 cals per meal and 150-200 per snack... but it varies day to day.

My typical breakfasts are a protien/green smoothy, and/or egg whites on low-cal toast with either spinach and feta or salsa... Sometimes I'll have oatmeal between 160-240cals
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I have two breakfasts...

First breakfast is usually about 130 calories... it's carrot/apple/cucumber juice. My Dear Hubby runs the juicer while I'm showering and dressing for work. Oh, this is at 5am.

Second breakfast is fresh fruit, eaten at work, usually about 9 am (4 hours after first breakfast). I usually eat about 300 calories of fruit.

Lunch is my BIG meal of the day, usually... at least monday - friday, anyway. It's usually "leftovers", or a pretty heavy salad or soup, sandwich, casserole, or something, vegetable heavy, with a good portion of protein. About 600 calories.

"Dinner" during the week is sometimes a green smoothie, followed by "snacking"... like hummus and crackers, or a lighter cooked dinner like baked yams, or soup. Usually about 400 - 600 calories, depending upon what lunch was.

"Snacks" are fill-ins, eaten anytime... I lean heavily on fruit for these. Occasionally, though, I'll have a "dense food" day, where I eat a lot of comfort foods, like oatmeal.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options

One more tip on that note, if you spray a 2cup Pyrex glass measuring cup with Pam and then microwave egg whites or egg beaters for about 2 minutes, it will slide right out into the right shape to match your English muffin. I also like to use sandwich thins. :)

As for breakfast calories, usually 200-400, sometimes more but not usually.