Help!

heaven_511
heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
edited October 4 in Motivation and Support
Hello,
I'm in need of some serious help here. My issue is that I can do well with my eating habits all day. However, at night I get strong cravings for sweets. I am trying not to eat after 7pm. So my question is what do I do between 7pm and bedtime? What are some things that I can do or some foods that I can have that won't totally ruin all the hard work that I put in throughout the day?
This has always been a problem for me and in the past has caused me to just give up on my weight loss efforts. I don't want that to happen this time...in fact due to my health challenges, I can't afford to allow that to happen this time. Please help...

Replies

• wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    denying the cravings is the worst thing you can do... so honor it with something small and healthy, like a piece of sweet fruit or something... then you satisfy your body's needs and your brains
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Fruit is really good for sweet cravings, also cereal that isn't high in calories.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    I stay busy and don't eat supper until around 8 p.m.--9 p.m. in the summer. I'm still losing weight, and haven't found that eating later causes problems. It's about 11 p.m., and I had quite a few calories left, so I just ate 1/2 cup of ice cream. I don't do that every night. I try to eat mostly healthy foods, but if I have plenty of calories left, I want something sweet, and I'm not "checking-in" the next day, I give myself permission. :-) When I don't have many calories left to consume, I stick with fruit. In time, you could probably train your body out of the evening cravings, but I'm not convinced it's necessary. If you need to eat in the evening, go light on calories during the day so they'll be there when you need them.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    OMG! You guys are awesome! Thank you all sooo much for the awesome feedback. I am extremely grateful for your support. I really have to make these lifestyle changes.
This discussion has been closed.