Help!

heaven_511
heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
edited October 4 in Motivation and Support
Hello,
I'm in need of some serious help here. My issue is that I can do well with my eating habits all day. However, at night I get strong cravings for sweets. I am trying not to eat after 7pm. So my question is what do I do between 7pm and bedtime? What are some things that I can do or some foods that I can have that won't totally ruin all the hard work that I put in throughout the day?
This has always been a problem for me and in the past has caused me to just give up on my weight loss efforts. I don't want that to happen this time...in fact due to my health challenges, I can't afford to allow that to happen this time. Please help...

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Why would you stop eating at 7? You're just creating an additional obstacle for yourself. You can eat from the time you wake until bed as long as you stay at your calorie goal for the day.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    I'm the exact same way! I find that if I have a satisfying dinner and then something *small* and sweet i'm good to go! Also, I used to do this pretty often, I'd have a low-fat, whole wheat blueberry waffle for I think it was 80-90 calories for one?? Not sure, but it calmed my carb/sweets craving. The key is to keep it small and not too too high in sugar since your body won't burn much of it so close to bedtime! Hope I helped!
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    and yes she is right, the cutting off your eating early just creates a hurdle and sets you up for failure... posted in your other post that satisfy your bodies needs with something sweet, like fruit... shoot, I eat chocolate nearly every day... keep within my calories and am making huge progress...
    maybe I could do it faster if I denied myself the chocolate, but likely I would just set myself up to fail
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    try to find something healthy that will satisfy your sweet tooth, like fresh fruit with greek yogurt, or a protein bar. Chocolite Protein bars are only 100 calories and are very good.
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Why would you stop eating at 7? You're just creating an additional obstacle for yourself.

I totally agree. In fact, I try to save up calories so I have some left at the end of the night. Are you really eating all your calories? If you're even over by a little bit (<100) occassionally, you'll be fine. Eat a high quality piece of chocolate for around 80 calories. That will satisfy your sweet tooth!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Why would you stop eating at 7? You're just creating an additional obstacle for yourself. You can eat from the time you wake until bed as long as you stay at your calorie goal for the day.

This! Maybe plan your calories for the day better since you know you'll want a snack after 7. Your body doesn't shut off at a certain time, so meal timing is irrelevant in terms of weightloss.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Maybe start a new workout program at 7pm ... something that makes you proud of your progress. Indulge in something under 200 calories and work it into your daily allowance ... there are ALOT of treats to choose from and it makes you happy ... which in turn makes your body work harder !

PS ... The bonus workout, if only for 20 to 30 min will give you some extra calories to play with ! Win, win ! :)
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332

True.
    Eat a plain nonfat greek yogurt, mix it with truvia and blueberries....mmmmyummy. the sugar-free coffe syrups are completely free of sugar,fat,calories,carbs, so sometimes in pour a little float of caramel over the top.
    Or mix Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder (10 calories and no fat per tablespoon) with some truvia and a dash of salt and mix that in. MMMMHMMM...chocolate mousse.
This discussion has been closed.