Weight Loss and Muscle Gain

Options
2»

Replies

• Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    As I've seen in this post already, building muscle while in a calorie deficit is very effective for beginners only. Unless of course, you're on anabolic steroids.
    "Beginner" would be defined as someone who has not worked out on a regular basis in the past 6 months or so.

What the "guys with no shirts" are trying to convey is that if you're an experienced lifter, you can not gain mass while in a calorie deficit. This is true; however, the same does not apply to beginners.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    "guys with no shirts"

LOL!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    As I've seen in this post already, building muscle while in a calorie deficit is very effective for beginners only. Unless of course, you're on anabolic steroids.
    "Beginner" would be defined as someone who has not worked out on a regular basis in the past 6 months or so.

What the "guys with no shirts" are trying to convey is that if you're an experienced lifter, you can not gain mass while in a calorie deficit. This is true; however, the same does not apply to beginners.
    That's would be hardly a beginner. An athlete who lifted regularly for a sport, then took off two years would be hardly a beginner. A beginner is defined as someone who hasn't engaged in exercise for a period of time at all.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options

That's would be hardly a beginner. An athlete who lifted regularly for a sport, then took off two years would be hardly a beginner. A beginner is defined as someone who hasn't engaged in exercise for a period of time at all.

I'm talking about the average person, not an ex body builder. I think most people here understood that, but I'm glad you corrected me so everyone know's how educated you are on the subject. I appreciate it.