help me out- and don't laugh :)

Options
Two questions i got..

first.. i looked up in the food search for " home made pizza dough " and i also made it with about 40 % with whole wheat.. and that' s exactly what i found, it says for two large slices.. 200 some calories..

and it says " recepie " ..

is this just for the dough... and do i have to count the " veggies on top.. and cheese " or is this with the cheese ? .. a little confused,.. starving.. don't have to many calories left and am getting ready for dinner please help :)

Second question.

I like to buy pop corn in the " health store " the ones you have to pop yourself on the oven- not in the microwave.. in the pan i put a little oil maybe 1-2 t spoons and a little salt..
Now when i look up pop corn.. when they say " 1-2 cups " do they mean 1-2 cups of the corn -before poping.. or 1-2 cups of " popped popcorn.. " i hope it's not the seconed.. b/c i can eat more than 1-2 poped popcorn :)

Thank you .. and don't laugh :blushing:

Replies

• borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Two questions i got..

first.. i looked up in the food search for " home made pizza dough " and i also made it with about 40 % with whole wheat.. and that' s exactly what i found, it says for two large slices.. 200 some calories..

and it says " recepie " ..

is this just for the dough... and do i have to count the " veggies on top.. and cheese " or is this with the cheese ? .. a little confused,.. starving.. don't have to many calories left and am getting ready for dinner please help :)

Second question.

I like to buy pop corn in the " health store " the ones you have to pop yourself on the oven- not in the microwave.. in the pan i put a little oil maybe 1-2 t spoons and a little salt..
    Now when i look up pop corn.. when they say " 1-2 cups " do they mean 1-2 cups of the corn -before poping.. or 1-2 cups of " popped popcorn.. " i hope it's not the seconed.. b/c i can eat more than 1-2 poped popcorn :)

Thank you .. and don't laugh :blushing:
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i don't know about the pizza but with the popcorn it is 1-2 cups after you pop it! but pop corn isn't to bad as long as its not buttery so i would keep an eye on how much butter is in it doesn't sound like you put a lot in tho
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    The serving for the popcorn is popped..

Not sure about the pizza...200 for 2 large slices sounds kinda low b/c of the cheese alone..Cheese has ALOT of calories. Did you try just looking up a generic pizza slice (like a pizza Hut slice or something like that..) and see that the calories are on that to judge..Like a frozen pizza alone for personal was like 400-600
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    For the first question...it most likely does not include toppings. If you dont have many cals left skimp on the cheese and put tons of veggies...you will be more full for less cals!

I dunno about the popcorn...but popped popcorn doesn't have many cals....most of them come from what it is popped in and what you put on it after popping!

Good luck!
  • 4lizjo
    4lizjo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about how to interpret the food database, I understand your confusion.
    note that the items listed with a * in front of them are added by a member of MFP members
    If you are unsure of which one to use click on the food, to the right in the blue box there is link to get the nutritional information. you can click on it to see if the calories and other things listed sound about right compared to others or to one item of several that are combined ( such as comparing the dough to a piece of plain wheat bread).
    When all else fails, and you have your own nutritional information from a package or you just really like to do math, you can create your own 'food' for your diary.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Thanks for your answers..

as for the pop corn.. only " fat" i put in it is 1-2 t spoons of olive oil for the whole pot.. i don't add butter or anything to it- just plain..
    so one cup of popped popcorn.. =thats not a whole lot in a serving..
  • plaisted
    Options
    Don't even bother counting the calories from the veggies, especially the ones w/ high fiber and high protein. Your body uses almost all or more calories digesting veggies. How many people do you know who got fat from overindulging in veggies?
  • plaisted
    Options
    Don't even bother counting the calories from the veggies, especially the ones w/ high fiber and high protein. Your body uses almost all or more calories digesting veggies. How many people do you know who got fat from overindulging in veggies?