Something Quick For Breakfast?

Options
Hey all. So for a while, I've been trying to cut out my morning pop tart. They have so many calories and so much sugar in them. I've tried other low cal things, but I'm starving 10 minutes later. I need something I can just grab and go to work, but still fill me up at least a little so I'm not starving at work all day! Any suggestions? Thanks all!

Replies

• samiem
    samiem Posts: 6
    Options
    Try this as a protein shake in a blender....raw rolled oats, whey protien, tbsp of peanut butter natural kind, whole banana, 1 cup milk, tblsp milled flax seed
  • Prettyme924
    Prettyme924 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is good....cereal special k ..or fiber plus ..low fat organic milk....egg whites ....
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Try a cereal high in whole grains, and maybe a fruit or two. And/or have a protein, like a yogurt.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are great. High in protein so they fill you up, about 70 calories each for a large egg. I enjoy a banana with a couple hard boiled eggs for a healthy breakfast. :drinker:
  • Cassie3669
    Cassie3669 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How about something like Nature Valley Granola bar.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, guys, but like I said I need something I can just grab. As in prep time of five seconds or less lol. When I have time, I definitely have some cheerios or oatmeal, etc. But 99% of days, I have no time to make breakfast.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    scoop of jam
    cup of milk
    one raw egg / vanilla whey powder (you dont taste just gives you protien )

then blend blend blend
    = sweet drink that will fill you up
  • killagb
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, guys, but like I said I need something I can just grab. As in prep time of five seconds or less lol. When I have time, I definitely have some cheerios or oatmeal, etc. But 99% of days, I have no time to make breakfast.
    Hard boiled eggs can be pre-made and keep for several days....bananas are perfectly ready to go as is :bigsmile:
  • Cassie3669
    Cassie3669 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's why I suggested the Nature Valley Granola bars. 2 bars per pakage
  • brittanyscherich
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs can be pre-made and keep for several days....bananas are perfectly ready to go as is :bigsmile:

That sounds good. Do you mix anything with the yolk part of the egg? Or just as is?
  • brittanyscherich
    Options
    Have any of you tasted like a waffle with peanut butter? Just thought of it, and not sure if it will taste as good as it sounds lol
  • killagb
    Options

That sounds good. Do you mix anything with the yolk part of the egg? Or just as is?
    As is usually....I'll put them in one of those disposable Glad containers and pre-pepper them and maybe a dash of salt if you like(or anything else you might like to season them with).
  • brittanyscherich
    Options
    Granola bars are yum, and definitely quick. But I'm starving 10 mins later. Thanks for the suggestion though :)
  • killagb
    Options
    Granola bars are yum, and definitely quick. But I'm starving 10 mins later. Thanks for the suggestion though :)
    Protein bars are the better way to go for a bar solution.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Oat meal (though not really good for eating in a car...but only takes 1 minute to make, so maybe 5 minutes total donated to breakfast, doesn't seem to be asking a lot?)....protein shakes, fruit smoothies, hard boiled eggs, eggs in general (like scrambled).

All my suggestions take time to cook, but all of them can be cooked and eaten in under 10 minutes. (unless your a really slow eater). It just takes time to get used to a new routine and motivation to put in effort to make them.
  • brittanyscherich
    Options

As is usually....I'll put them in one of those disposable Glad containers and pre-pepper them and maybe a dash of salt if you like(or anything else you might like to season them with).

Alright, cool thanks for the suggestion!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tasted like a waffle with peanut butter? Just thought of it, and not sure if it will taste as good as it sounds lol

I love peanut butter on waffles. How about a Fiber bar with peanut butter on it (Fiber One Peanut Butter & oats bar is yummy with some extra PB on top).

Can you get up a little earlier to give yourself more time in the mornings?
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I eat in the car everyday. My normal breakfast is 16 wheat thins, 3 slices (quartered) ham lunch meat, 1 oz of cheddar cheese chunked. Keeps me going for about 4 hours. All for under 300 calories.
  • whiterockdeb
    whiterockdeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I worry about the fat content
    In granola, how about yop, ensure shake, high fiber/low fat muffin or breakfast cookie?
    I made stove top stuffing ( high sodium...) then lined muffin tins with stuffing. Mixed egg whites, ham, green onion and cheese, pour over stuffing and bake till set. They make a tasty grab and go breakfast!!!!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    What about getting up 10 min earlier? (I'm not a morning person, so I know how horrific a suggestion that is, but this diet thing does demand sacrifice!)

I eat breakfast when I get to work - oatmeal with raisins and dried apple bits and milk. Very filling and healthy.