HELP curry buffet eat as much as you like

Options
hi we are out tonight going for a curry buffet . eat as much as you like . you know the ones you get up about 4 time . I AIM FOR 2 sittings small portions but how many calories do i put for it as its not a whole portion of curry and rice its little bits of different curry and rice .CAN ANYONE HELP:smile:

Replies

• roebuck1908
    Options
    Why not take a ruck sack with a bin liner inside fill your plate as much as you what eat some empty rest into bin bag repeat several times hey presto meals for the whole week. :laugh:
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hahaha - seriously, go for the dry tandoori and tikka dishes, or tomato based - avoid anything that looks fried/buttery/creamy. Naan breads are pretty bad too (they would be, I love them!) Or you could build a spike day in and just eat small portions of what you fancy - just don't go too mad. Hope you have a good time.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I usually help myself to a spoonful or two of each kind of curry and attempt to find them all in the data base, then log a percentage of a serve, I match what the data base says with my own estimations of what the calorie content might be (you'll get a feel for that the more you log). A typical curry feast might end up being comprised of something like 1/4 serve spinach curry (50 - 100 calories), 1/4 serve dahl (50 calories), 1/4 serve butter chicken (150), cup of rice (200) and so on....

you'll probably find you eat somewhere between 500 and 700 calories, just make sure that you stop eating when you start to feel full (that's what I struggle with) and remember if you indulge in bread and entres etc, that will increase your intake by 100s.

Ha ha ha ha, the bin lined rucksack idea....yeah.....nah, take a lunch box instead, more elegant :-D

Buffets are Wasted on people trying to eat sensibly sized portions of food!
  • GregT44
    GregT44 Posts: 28
    Options
    Depending on whats in the curry dish..... 1 cup of chicken curry with a rice +other goodies could be anywhere from 400cal to 600+calories.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Why not take a ruck sack with a bin liner inside fill your plate as much as you what eat some empty rest into bin bag repeat several times hey presto meals for the whole week. :laugh:

Brilliant Idea!
  • sandidolphin
    sandidolphin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Remember: "eat as much as you like" not "eat as much as you can" ... I have fallen into the trap so many times of busting my belly at these types of things! Good luck, and yes, it's a very difficult thing to calculate the calories.
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    The only advice I can give is to just enjoy it.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, we have an Indian curry buffet-style restaurant in our city, which also allows you to 'pay what your heart feels'. That's right! You pick the price!

My kids don't like curry, so they just eat white rice, so before we leave, we have a big plate of steamed veges each, to both up the nutrition content, and fill some space!

All the dishes are vegetarian, but don't be fooled - those (delicious!) potatoes have a pool of oil at the bottom of the tray.

I try to save calories all week for the inevitably calorie laden feast, and drinks HEAPS of water on the day- cause although I have no idea how much salt they put in their delicious dahls, potatoes etc, it's sure to be way over my daily allowance!

They also serve dessert, but in tiny weeny portions, so I allow myself one :)

Sure it's cheating, but you haven't tried these potatoes! (A friend and I once joked the potatoes would be what we'd order for our last meal if we were ever on death row - a garbage bag full!)
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    thankyou for help:drinker: