10 kgs unrealistic in a month?

Options
2»

Replies

• PepperMan98
    Options
    Ok men really shouldn't comment on these questions using personal experience. Women don't lose as fast as men. Period.

So, it was ok for other guys to comment, and now that I did, it's not ok anymore?
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    10 kgs = roughly 22 lbs. In one month? I'd recommend against that.

I also never recommend a very low calorie diet (anything under 1200) unless it's supervised by your physician, and even then, I'd only recommend that for someone that's morbidly obese.

Are you morbidly obese? (usually 100 or more lbs to lose... ) You list that you want to lose 35 kg total, so that's about 77 lbs... which make me think a very low calorie diet is not a good idea for you.

You risk malnutrition if you do a very low calorie diet. I suggest the slow and steady approach. Shoot for 1 to 2 lbs a week... or .5 to 1 kg per week.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    So, it was ok for other guys to comment, and now that I did, it's not ok anymore?

My exact wording was 'using personal experience' Men and women lose weight very differently and saying 'I did it, so it's possible' is not helpful if youre not of the same agenda. It's taken me 4.5 months to lose 23kg. A guy at work did it in 2. Men always lose faster. I understand you want to help but men (and you're not the only one!) in general don't realize how much harder it is for women to lose.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That's a copout excuse. Not all men lose faster than women, and not all women lose slower than men.
  • kostas19
    Options
    Im 175 male went from 88 to 80 kg in a month. I was on a diet, i was active trough the day and i was running 5 6 times a week for 15 mins and walking for 20 every morning, so yes it is possible if you commit.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Im 175 male went from 88 to 80 kg in a month. I was on a diet, i was active trough the day and i was running 5 6 times a week for 15 mins and walking for 20 every morning, so yes it is possible if you commit.

You do realize you bumped a three year old thread right?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I always wonder how people find threads this old or why?
  • kostas19
    Options

Ups, sorry :) Just ran into it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Yup very unrealistic (22lbs) even 5kgs is tough in a month if you have less than 75lbs to lose

ETA: I just saw that this was an old thread that someone replied to, oops
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yup very unrealistic (22lbs) even 5kgs is tough in a month if you have less than 75lbs to lose

Congrats on your 10,000 post, but it was wasted on a 3 year old post :laugh:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    That is funny, I did my 10,000 post yeasterday. Wonder if a thread I posted in got deleted and lowered my post count?
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Wow so many necro posts lateley wtf is goin on ?
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    http://www.reddit.com/r/keto - people have done it.

Still, that's a LOT of weight in not a lot of time.

[edit]

DAMMIT!
  • onesimpleclik
    onesimpleclik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's not 10kg, but since the start of January, I've lost an averaged weight of around 7 kilograms a month. I've been counting calories, but have made sure I am not eating too few. On a day when I'm not exercising, I will eat around 1200-1400 calories, and on a day I am, 1400-1700. I've committed to being active most days for 30 minutes, and have just started road cycling. I'm feeling the best I have in years.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    http://www.reddit.com/r/keto - people have done it.

Still, that's a LOT of weight in not a lot of time.

[edit]

DAMMIT!

Add 2 more years onto that now. haha