Resisting "him" NSV

Options
I went to Croatia over the summer and had a love affair with Paprika Pringles (they are the bee's knees!). A couple of weeks ago I went to Amsterdam and fell in love again. I picked up a couple of tubes because they are only sold in the EU, and brought some home for friends and family that are equally obsessed. Today I was at the local shop and low an behold, they were there! Shining brightly in their golden; ray of sunshine, tubing. They beckoned me to buy them, I could hear them calling my name as I stumbled by, trying to resist temptation. I even stopped to text a friend who knows how irresistible they are. Proudly, I left them behind and went to check out, but suddenly I had pangs of regret! What if I never saw them again? Panic struck and I started to think that I could take them home and store them somewhere safe until Christmas Day. Without guilt, my old flame and I could rekindle our love just one last time in celebration. But I know that it's not right, we are not meant to be. We are bad for each other, so I stood strong and walked away without turning back.

Replies

• Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Cute!
  • saudade87
    Options
    awesome, friggin awesome and hilarious! i give you major props, cause my 'him' are fried pickles... i smell them and i go into a frenzy...
    thanks for sharing, that is one HELL of a NSV :)
  • Jaded_GRL
    Options
    ha ha ha ha!!!! I know that feeling! I have been dieing for my chips n dip but resisted too. Great job.
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LMAO. Love it.
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Great job! It's sounds like you've got some willpower, lady!! Kudos!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    This is probably for the best. He'll only break your heart. Remember, if you have to hide a relationship it's probably not the right relationship for you. And, if you focus on Mr. Wrong you'll never find Mr. Right.

On the other hand ... a romp with an old flame every once in a while is good for one's soul. Maybe you could pass him along to a friend until Christmas ... you know, just so you'll have him. Unless of course your friend takes him without you realizing it.

Gawd ... what's a girl to do??? Relationships are hard.
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    :laugh: That's a perfect NSV! I hope to be as strong as you one day, I probably would have given in! :laugh:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I don't think I could exercise your willpower. I fell in love with paprika Pringles last summer while in Poland. If I ever saw them here, then I might buy the entire shelf!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! That shows a strong will power!!!!
  • I love it!!! He's a loser....don't even give him the time of day. You deserve so much better!!
  • thumperj2u
    thumperj2u Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thumbs-Up to you and your willpower.....love it~~~:wink:
  • ladysandy
    Options
    that is so cute :) hahahahaaa....
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i :heart: this sooooo much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!