CHINESE FOOD............please help

Options
I will be getting a chinese tonight as the mother-in-law insists we do on a sunday night........ I usually have chicken. does anyone know what would be the lowest calorie meal to have or do you know the calorie content of any of the meals?

Replies

• mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    soups or vegetable dishes would be the best calorie choices... but prepare for sodium city most likely
  • dablaksista
    dablaksista Posts: 48 Member
    Options
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i always go for lettuce wraps, something grilled, or veggies. :)
  • momma_kathleen
    Options
    My biggest problem with chinese food is the sodium, i always end up weighing higher the day after, so try to avoid the sauce part of whatever you eat and stay away from anything breaded...i like the hot stuff so alway eat the kungpao chicken since it isnt breaded like generals chicken or those types..brocolli beef works too, but mostly drink massive amounts of water or tea to flush that sodium, and DONT weigh the next day! =)
  • gramofseven
    Options
    I usually get beef with broccoli...and skip the rice...between 100 and 200 cals...good luck:smile:
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Why don't you google it? If I remember correctly from a similar previous search, other than soups and veggies, the lowest calories you will find will be in the chicken dishes - lemon/pineapple chicken (under 400, but careful with the size of the dish). Anyway, go for the stir-fry versions instead of the deep fried/breaded/full of sauces ones.

Enjoy!
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I always get the veggie delight w/ brown rice. But I dont touch the brown rice until I'm almost filled up completely with the vegetables so you dont over do it on the rice. Good Luck!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I would always get chicken and broccoli, and ask for them to steam it and put the sauce on the side.