snowed in

Options
i am snowed in and today was my gym day. i have one of those gazell edge but i dont know what i can log it as. mabye skiing machine. what can i do for my gazell and what else can i do that would substitute my gym work out

Replies

• adamk0324
    Options
    i am snowed in and today was my gym day. i have one of those gazell edge but i dont know what i can log it as. mabye skiing machine. what can i do for my gazell and what else can i do that would substitute my gym work out
  • adamk0324
    Options
    i think i am going to be snowed it tommorow too. lol
  • DIRON121
    Options
    HI, SNOWED IN. IS THIS SOMETHING LIKE AN ELIPTICAL MACHINE? I USE ONE AT MY GYM AND IT'S GREAT FOR UPPER ARMS AND LEGS WITH NO IMPACT ON JOINTS. TRY ONE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, I THINK YOU'LL LIKE THE WORKOUT.

HOPING TO GET SOME OF THAT SNOW HERE IN NEW JERSEY!
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    How about shoveling? I did that a lot last winter when we kept getting tons of snow.

I also walked a lot. If you are stuck inside and are using your gazelle machine, you may be able to calculate a conservative "calories burned per minute"

When I am doing something really strenuous I use 5 calories per minute, if it is moderate (i.e. walking) I use 3 calories per minute. However, I think the calories burned per minute become less burned per minute the more you start losing weight (body becomes more 'efficient'?)

Melissa
  • adamk0324
    Options
    sort of instead of going up and down as in forward like the elliptical u sway like or swing it does to go up or down. i love the elliptical i use it at the gym. if i use the gazell what exercise do i track it under
  • adamk0324
    Options
    How about shoveling? I did that a lot last winter when we kept getting tons of snow.

I also walked a lot. If you are stuck inside and are using your gazelle machine, you may be able to calculate a conservative "calories burned per minute"

When I am doing something really strenuous I use 5 calories per minute, if it is moderate (i.e. walking) I use 3 calories per minute. However, I think the calories burned per minute become less burned per minute the more you start losing weight (body becomes more 'efficient'?)

Melissa

so i will try to do 5 per minute but i think it might be a little more. and shoveling i wish my drive way is 3 miles long that is why i am snowed in lol i can not shovel that much of a driveway lol
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    WOW... I thought my driveway was long!!!

I hope the snow melts soon!

Melissa
  • dsangel
    dsangel Posts: 27
    Options
    I have a gazelle edge also and use it everyday. I entered it as a new exercise under Tony Little Gazelle Edge. Then I just put in what it asks for, the time on it and calories burned. I hope I'm doing it right! :smile: