Curios: Do you weigh yourself naked or with clothes?

Options

Replies

• bitsybetsy424
    bitsybetsy424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning, after I go to the potty. Usually end up just wearing bra and undies...I rarely ever weigh in clothes. As some other people have already mentioned, it's easy to lie and be like "well, my clothes are heavy...thus, I don't really weight THAT much..." By weighing myself in as little as possible, I find that it is a lot easier for me to accept the number on the scale, not make excuses, and (hopefully) feel motivated to change the number!
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Run, shower, weigh-in, nekkid and dripping wet. Is that cheating?
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    In the nude,
    in the morning,
    as soon as I wake up,
    after I pee,
    and before I eat!

With the scale, in the bathroom... (starting to sound like who dunnit in the game of Clue)

Yep...what she said! :bigsmile:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Weighing naked is the number one reason I prefer MFP to traditional Weight Watchers. :bigsmile:
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Every morning...in the nude...

and before and after a workout at the gym...in the nude...

lol :P

(the gym scale and my home scale are only off by a couple tenths of a lb...)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you usually weigh almost-naked and then all of a sudden weigh wearing jeans and a turtle neck, yes you are definitely going to see a noticeable difference. I wouldn't even count that weight. My clothes can easily add an extra 2-4 lbs depending on what I'm wearing. And if you're wearing shoes, that's even more. Don't let that number freak you out, it's not comparable to your usual numbers since you were wearing all that extra clothing.

I always weigh wearing only undergarments, first thing in the morning, after using the restroom and before eating or drinking. If you want to be able to compare the weights you get, you need to weigh under the same conditions every time.
  • mrsgolfie
    mrsgolfie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself with basically just underwear and after my "business in bathroom".....figure it is true weight! always weigh myself within an hour of getting up in the morning.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Naked.... right before I jump in the shower. I think weighing with clothes or shoes throws the actual weight off and so does weighing at different times of the day..... naked and empty tummy.
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Naked or undergarments. Typical undergarments won't add any weight.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Since I weigh at work (hospital) I thought maybe I should wear clothes!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm usually semi naked? I usually wear tshirt and underwear to bed and then weigh first thing in the morning before I get dress. But now that it's getting much colder out I put my super warm pants on the second I get out of bed so I've been wearing those to weigh in. I probably should try to continue without the pants......

I also don't have a digital scale so I just kind of guesstimate on where it looks like it's pointing so I don't worry too much when I'm wearing clothes. I use my scale as a guideline not a live or die thing anywy.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Morning after bathroom - underwear
  • mcadams1
    Options
    Since I weigh at work (hospital) I thought maybe I should wear clothes!

:laugh: Good Call!

I weigh every day right after I work out, in my gym clothes
  • handy05
    handy05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ditto! In the am, after bathroom visit, least amount of clothing!
  • avtronic
    avtronic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was doing a good job of losing weight this last year (15 pounds since the beginning of the year). I was never a scale fanatic but found it interesting how your weight can fluxate in a day from water loss in sweat, going to the bathroom and of course the reverse from eating and drinking not to mention naked versus not. It could be up to 8 pounds and so Instarted weighing naked just to be more exact so I could keep track with the other factors. I then started telling people that I was 208/209 (from 230) and it was more dramatic. Then I realized the majority of the time you are hydrated, have ingested so,e food and probably still "processing" other from 4 hours ago and you have clothes on. This is your real weight and if you are losing pounds then its's still a number to be proud of. The only reason one would weigh naked is to complete with others (friendly compitioj or serious) where every ounce counts but it's not really a fair number to go by.
    Your weight loss should not be a downer if you are 209 one day and then 212 the next or something to get excite if it is the reverse. I have woken up before and only peed and fluctuated almost 3 pounds. I believe you can perspire unnoticeably during sleep and lose a tiny bit more weight as well. I believe this since I did the calculations and the morning bathroom stop could not have been close to 3 pounds alone.
    Either way it was fun weighing at different time under different circumstances but I think you should go by a more realistic figure and weigh with close on (even shoes Gasp). My work boots, pants, shirt and the rest of the odds and ends are an easy 6 to 7 pounds so I will find it even more impressive when my 6 foot build gets under 200 with cloths on, knowing that I'm actually closer to 190.

Just my thought on the topic.
    -Marc
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Totes naked and first thing in the morning. I feel like that's the most accurate weight I'll get.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Bra and panties since I'm up before anyone else except maybe the dog.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    depends who else is in the locker room. i weigh most of the times i find myself near a scale, so 'discrepancies' don't really bother me much. clothes/no clothes is just one of the variables.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Naked