BPM Utility for ITunes?

Options
One of my fitness magazines said there were downloadable applications that one could buy on ITunes that would read your playlist music and sort it by beats per minute. My problem: I don't have an Iphone or Ipad. Does anyone know of a way I can do the same thing on my laptop computer? It would be great to fine tune my gym playlist.

Thanks,
Shannon

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've got no help for your question, but would you mind sharing the name of the app? I have an iPhone and have been looking for something like that.
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I know you can download Itunes onto your laptop and play any of the music you downloaded. I've never tried to access my apps from my main computer though so I'm really not sure. Try downloading a free app first and see. Also do you know the name of the app? I'd love to try it out.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    whats the name of that app? I have a suspicion that it can only be done through a macs app store.
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    The app is Tempo Magic Pro by lolo. But I don't know if it will work with just iTunes though. But contact the makers at www.lolofit.com. Their customer service is beyond good. They answer your questions quickly. I love them and their apps. I have an iPod touch though.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for, but http://jog.fm/ is good :) i used it a bit for my half marathon training :)
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I know MixMeister can determine BPM on your PC and update ID3 tags, get it here (http://www.mixmeister.com/download_freestuff.html). iTunes should see that info in the ID3 tags.

For those with Droids, Rhythm Runner looks to be a player that can sort on BPM. Get free version here (https://market.android.com/details?id=it.cloudspace.rhythmrunner.free)
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Looks very cool. Anything like this for Android or WinAmp?
  • soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The app is Tempo Magic Pro by lolo. But I don't know if it will work with just iTunes though. But contact the makers at www.lolofit.com. Their customer service is beyond good. They answer your questions quickly. I love them and their apps. I have an iPod touch though.

Ooooo these apps look fun!
  • 42hockeymom
    Options

Ooooo these apps look fun!

I LOVE THEM! Totally worth it!! I've got the Beatburn Treadmill/Outdoor Trainer, the Beatburn Eliptical Trainer, and Bootcamp. No disappointment yet. And I'm [im]patiently waiting for the stationary bike app.
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for, but http://jog.fm/ is good :) i used it a bit for my half marathon training :)

I love, love, LOVE jog.fm!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the original name of the app. I think if you go to the ITunes store, though you can download it there. Just type in BPM. I'll have to check out some of the other ideas you guys posted.

Shannon
  • 42hockeymom
    Options
    I don't remember the original name of the app. I think if you go to the ITunes store, though you can download it there. Just type in BPM. I'll have to check out some of the other ideas you guys posted.

Shannon

I'm pretty sure it was the one I was talking about. I get the lolo newsletter and am FB friends with them. They mentioned being talked about in an article recently. They are a great company.
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hi!
    i love running to the music, it's just like dancing!!!

if you don't have an iphone but you do have an MP3 player, then this will work 100%. it kinda changed my life.

here is my secret weapon.
    http://www.mixmeister.com/bpmanalyzer/bpmanalyzer.asp
    you don't need an iphone or an app. it's a free program you install on your desktop.

i use this program to get the Beats Per Minute of all my music on my computer
    then i run only to songs that are 160 - 180 BPM (80 - 90 bpm).
    it's VERY motivating.
    i choose 160-180 bpm because 180 is the ideal turnover rate for feet while running, so i've read. it promotes good form and thus less injury. but it's still a little fast for me so i err on the slower side of the goal.

i hope this helps you!
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hah i don't mean to sound like a commercial there. i just like it so much that i get wacky excited.