Protein Question

Options
Is going over my protein bad in a day? Sometimes my protein amount is double what MFP says to have....

Thanks!!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Is going over my protein bad in a day? Sometimes my protein amount is double what MFP says to have....

Thanks!!

In my opinion, as long as the following conditions are met:

1) You are not exceeding your calorie limit regularly
    2) You are not continually neglecting dietary fat

then you're good to go.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Generally, I agree with Sidesteal because your body will just eliminate the protein it can't use.

But I'd be asking myself, "what am I missing because I'm eating so much protein?"

If you're over on a regular basis are you eating way more meat than you really need to and/or not getting enough veggies and fiber??
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    mfp has the default setting for protein quite low- like, 15% or something. I personally try to eat at least 100 grams per day. Depends what your goals are, but I agree with sidesteal.
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    the protien is usually in the meat. There are days when I work my long days that I eat chicken for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Those days, my days start at 5:30am and I finally get home from work at 8:30pm. Still doing pretty good on veggies. I eat a lot of raw ones throughout the day.