how many calories did you burn today?

2»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I burned about 200 so far (haven't worked out yet today) Shoveled snow for about 1/2 an hour.

I REALLY hate snow right now.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I typically burn 200-350 in a workout.

Today, I burned 83. (I have bronchitis. Today was just a light walk.)
  • So far...397 from Power 90 Sculpt this morning and shoveling the 6+" of snow we got!

I will probably walk on my treadmill for an hour tonight which will get me another approx 250.

Total 647
  • According to MFP I've burned 657 today.:happy:
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Wow! You guys are awesome! I thought I did great today when I burned 575 calories! Usually it's around 350 or so. Sometimes when I burn a whole lot of calories, I have a hard time eating those extra caloires. I usually just up the almonds and add some cheese for a quick calorie boost!
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Thursday Jan. 29th-1492
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    One day I might burn around 500 calories, the next just under 200. Basically I exercise until my body says: STOP, and that's when I stop, whether I've burned a lot or not and so far 500 calories seems to be the cap where my body gives out.

My roommate can burn up to 800 calories in a workout but I just can't manage that. :smile:
  • I did a Zumba class and then hopped on the Arc Trainer for about 15 minutes. (wanted to go longer, but had on the wrong shoes and my feet started cramping) Still, I burned 880 calories! Usually I burn 550 or more. I have hit the over 1000 mark a few times.
    Quick question for those burning close to 1000 calories a day. Do you eat all of those calories back, or just a portion of them? On my lower intensity days I eat all of my exercise calories, but I have a hard time getting in 1000 extra!!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    In the gym I typically shoot for 1,000. When I'm just not feeling it, or hiking or roller blading I shoot for 500. I could not do anything without my Heart Rate Monitor. I'm obsessed with keeping track of those numbers!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    705....60 minutes of step class and 60 minutes of 'yogilates', which kicked my *kitten* in a way no other class has. :sick:
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Jeepers! I'm going to have to up my routines to keep up with you guys! I usually try for 500, but at 400+ I start feeling it....... today I burned 458 and that took 1 hour, 40 minutes. I did P90X Shoulders & Arms, HHA's Cardio Groove.

Great Work you guys ---- keep pushing play.
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    I burn at least 500 a day or more on my cardio days it is almost double.
This discussion has been closed.