Exercise Program & Gym?

Options
cdpm
cdpm Posts: 297 Member
I used to do P90x on an almost daily basis. I enjoyed it and the weight was coming off. However in the last few months I've not been able to follow this as well as I have since I signed up to the gym.
I got my gym membership with my boyfriend and we go along 3/4 times a week to make sure that we both get exercise in and help each other out.
Ideally I would like to stay at home and do my own workouts, but if I don't go to the gym, then my boyfriend won't. Sadly there's not enough room in our flat for both of us to do workouts at home together and he enjoys the gym and the swim facilities.

Does anyone else have this kind of predicament? Does anyone else substitute some P90x or 30DS workouts for a cardio workout at the gym? Is it okay to do this - or can anyone suggest tips to make my gym workouts more effective?

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just saw a couple at my gym using a lap top to play a workout dvd. They were off in their own little area working out.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    *bump* i have the same problem
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you're moving, you are ahead of the game. Maybe you two could buy some time with a trainer at the gym to do a workout together?
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I just saw a couple at my gym using a lap top to play a workout dvd. They were off in their own little area working out.

I've seen that too! As long as there is room for you to do what you need and you have the equipment, I say go for the videos at the gym if that is what you enjoy :)
  • LAWIII
    LAWIII Posts: 50
    Options
    I hate to be an *kitten*, but your workout is exactly that. Yours! You are not responsible for anyone else's workout habits (except maybe your kids). If for some reason you can not get a good workout at the gym, but you can at home, then workout at home.
    You could always get crazy and do your P90X and then go to the gym with him. Talk about caloric burn. ;-)

Good luck!!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.
    I just wanted to make sure I got my moneys worth out of my gym membership as well as the great results from the home workout programs. If only there was a part-time P90x.. I guess it would have to be something like P180x? haha!