A 60 pound difference with pictures:)

Options
McFrench
McFrench Posts: 205 Member
Last year in October I had not joined myfitnesspal yet. I knew I really needed to start something, but I hadn't yet. These pictures are last year picking apples...

6295988919_cd10a599b8_s.jpg

6296438676_c6986f8a5d_s.jpg

And this year picking apples!

6296490854_27c60a79d1_s.jpg

6295911275_33cbaae4fa_s.jpg

I started myfitnesspal in December of last year. I have logged on for 325 days in a row. I have had a lot of ups and downs. I had a lot of things that could have held me back, but I chose not to let them. I am a full time working Mom to a almost 2 year old. I can't go to the gym everyday, because I won't take my son to daycare at the gym if he has been at daycare while I am at work. On those days, I hike with him on my back, walk/jog with him in his stroller or in his wagon, or with him on his trike. I ride my bike and pull him in a trailer. I love combat, step aerobics, water aerobics, and gravity classes when I can go to the gym. At the gym, I am part of a Biggest Loser competition that is amazing. I did 8 weeks the first part of the year, then a 22 week "at-home" Biggest Loser (which I won!) and am doing the fall 8 week challenge again. I recently added a lot of strength training, and started working out with a trainer who really pushes me, takes no excuses, and reminds me absolutely of my big brother.

I had major surgery in May on my shoulder/elbow. Then I tore a ligament in my elbow. Then I tore some stuff in my foot. I traveled a lot for work over the summer. My healthy and full of life father-in-law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and only lived another 7 weeks. My little sister suffered an awful seizure, and didn't wake up for 4 days. These are all things that I chose to not get in my way of a healthy me. I am choosing a healthy lifestyle, as there will be stress the rest of my life. Rather than eating through my stress, I work out:)

I am definitely not done. I have more weight to lose. But I am not stressed about getting there, because I have shown that I can make it 10 months strong. I have a really supportive family, and when I go to the gym....the instructors and staff know my name and check in. They push me, and answer my endless questions.

If I can do it...so can you:)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!