Venison made in butter?? Please help!

Options
So my dad got a deer last weekend and my mom invited my boyfriend and I over for dinner for venison. She made it over the stove and marinaded it with butter and pepper. I know that the butter is horrible for you.. But it's cut up into lots of chunks/pieces about the size of a quarter. How many do you think I should have? And how many calories do you think it will be?? I honestly have noooo idea and would love an estimate ?! Thanks guys!!

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Butter isn't that bad. You are probably only eating 1/2 tablespoon worth. Eat 6oz worth. Venison is in the database.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'd have 3-4 oz of meat and then add a tbsp of butter to the calories.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Venison is a super lean protein so I wouldn't be too concerned about the butter. I would probably estimate a 4 oz portion of the meat alone about 200 calories and add about 100 calories for each tablespoon of butter. Hope this helps but you know you don't get venison all the time so just enjoy it. I love it too and make stew with it when I get my hands on some. My brother is a hunter and gives me some for Christmas if he kills one.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Butter isn't any worse for you than the venison. ;) Check the database for a calorie count!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Butter is a lot better choice than margarine.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    So my dad got a deer last weekend and my mom invited my boyfriend and I over for dinner for venison. She made it over the stove and marinaded it with butter and pepper. I know that the butter is horrible for you.. But it's cut up into lots of chunks/pieces about the size of a quarter. How many do you think I should have? And how many calories do you think it will be?? I honestly have noooo idea and would love an estimate ?! Thanks guys!!

Butter is good for you.