Jane from Maine

I joined two weeks ago, but I've been using the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone instead of the website, so this is the first time I've been on the forum and I figured I should introduce myself.

I'm Jane! I'm a 5'2.5" curvy blonde with blue eyes. I weigh 164 pounds, which is definitely too much for someone of my size. I really started realizing it a lot more recently, since I've been in the front row in chorus with all of the 5 ft 90 lb girls.

My goals are:

SW: 166
CW: 164
Goal 1: Lose 10 pounds by Christmas (154 lb or so), fit into old clothes
Goal 2: Lose 20-30 pounds by April (130-145 lb), buy new jeans
Goal 3: Lose 55 pounds by September (102-110), buy new dress
GW: 110 is probably the most possible, but 105 would be nice

I'm a writer! I'm taking AP classes in high school and I hope to major in English Literature. I love the English language, classic literature, the Spanish language, Broadway, Marc Jacobs, Glee, The Nation, drama club, Occupy Wall Street, Harry Potter, irony, photography, sarcasm, singing, Alfred Hitchcock movies, and making friends!

I don't think that I'm looking to make lifelong friends on here, but you never know. I really love seeing other people's success stories on here, and I hope that I'll be able to post one eventually! You all sound like really nice people and the community seems very supportive... so I'm excited to be a part of it! Here's to health! :)

Replies

• JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Welcome!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Welcome! One tip on your weight loss goals, though. You may see weight loss but not be able to fit into your old clothes right away, or vice versa, as your body adjusts. I've been plateauing quite a bit this fall but have still dropped a pants size. I think it just took a while for the weight loss to figure out how it wanted to apply itself, LOL! :flowerforyou: Other folks sometimes report not losing weight, but losing clothing sizes as exercising makes them more compact.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
  • Welcome! I'm fairly new around here myself, but this is a great place to stay motivated. Lots of awesome people here.

I have no doubt that you can accomplish your goals. It's really cool that you've broken it up into manageable chunks. Reaching milestones always gives me a sense of accomplishment.

I've always wanted to be a writer. I have a couple of blogs that I maintain, but that's about as far as I ever made it. I would love to publish a novel one day down the road. That's my dream job. :)
  • janethefox
    janethefox Posts: 2 Member
    @lmelangley- Thanks! That's a good point about how losing weight may not be the same as dropping clothing sizes. I have a fairly small bone structure, but I do have a lot of muscle in my legs, too. I think that if I lose a lot of the fat on my body through diet and cardio exercises and try not to build a lot of new muscle, I might be able to get to both my desired weight and clothes size. But what I really care about is feeling healthy and looking healthy, so even if I don't lose weight or drop clothing sizes, I think I'll benefit from this site! :)

@mikewc02- Thanks for the welcome! Setting small goals always helps me because I know what I have to do to get to each one. When I think about losing 50 pounds as one big goal, the ways to get there always become a little blurry...

Also, I wish I had the tenacity to write a blog... I start them and then I don't post because I'm too busy with schoolwork or activities... writing novels is my ideal job, too, though. Or writing for a political magazine! :)