What to do?

Options
Hi All,

Been trying to lose weight for 3 weeks now and so far i have lost 4.4 pounds, but i really wanna up that number. I generally do more cardio than weights because I have been told that women needs more cardio than weight exercises. I agree, but I read in one magazine, (and a gym trainer also) that I should do both, lift some weights for my arms and legs AND cardio.

I weight 151 lbs currently and I really wanna get fitter and weigh lesser.

I would appreciate any help from you guys. Lemme know which works? Do more cardio? If so, how long? Do both? Help!

Thanks!

Replies

• TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Up the weight lifting. Lifting weights helps your bones stay strong and will turn fat into muscle which burns more calories.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I would do bothon alternating days. 3 cardio days and 2 weight days. Lower weights with high reps for a leaner look. Look and see if there is a Bodypump class nearby. It's a great no brainer way to get weights in your routine.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting really helped me change my body composition and burn more calories throughout the day. It also helps keep your bones strong. I try to combine cardio and weight training by using kettlebells so I can get the benefits of both in one workout.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You should ideally do weightlifting at least 3 days/week, IMO.