I did my homework! (readings and all)

HealthyKt78
HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
edited September 19 in Success Stories
I was always the kid in school who did the bare minimum to get where I needed to be. I graduated with honors and took AP classes but I only did what I had to do to get my GPA high enough so that I didn't graduate last. (those graduating with honors walked before those without honors. Also, i'm at the end of the alphabet so it would have been even worse.) Because of that only do what you HAVE to philosophy, I am currently in a community college because the universities I applied to either didn't accept me or were too expensive and I wasn't good enough for their scholarships. I just finished all of my homework for the night, including readings and things that will not need to be turned. This is like the first time I have ever put that much effort into something.

Many of you are probably asking yourselves, "what does this have to do with weight loss success?" Well, I've noticed that ever since I've started this journey I, slowly but surely, have started to put more of an effort into all aspects of my life. I have started to realize that even though I might not enjoy doing this now, the end result will benefit me a great deal. (I have big plans in my future that require top college grades, such a getting into a top law school) The same goes for weight loss. I might not be enjoying not having certain foods but eventually I will miss those foods less and less and my health will dramatically improve. In some cases, the ends really do justify the means. I just found this new way of thinking to be a success for me.

Replies

• I was always the kid in school who did the bare minimum to get where I needed to be. I graduated with honors and took AP classes but I only did what I had to do to get my GPA high enough so that I didn't graduate last. (those graduating with honors walked before those without honors. Also, i'm at the end of the alphabet so it would have been even worse.) Because of that only do what you HAVE to philosophy, I am currently in a community college because the universities I applied to either didn't accept me or were too expensive and I wasn't good enough for their scholarships. I just finished all of my homework for the night, including readings and things that will not need to be turned. This is like the first time I have ever put that much effort into something.

Many of you are probably asking yourselves, "what does this have to do with weight loss success?" Well, I've noticed that ever since I've started this journey I, slowly but surely, have started to put more of an effort into all aspects of my life. I have started to realize that even though I might not enjoy doing this now, the end result will benefit me a great deal. (I have big plans in my future that require top college grades, such a getting into a top law school) The same goes for weight loss. I might not be enjoying not having certain foods but eventually I will miss those foods less and less and my health will dramatically improve. In some cases, the ends really do justify the means. I just found this new way of thinking to be a success for me.
  • good for you:drinker: good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • Congratulations! I know where you're coming from; I was in the same boat in high school. I graduated with a good gpa, but when it came time for college, I couldn't hang. Now having dropped out a few times, I am getting ready to go back.

Thank you for your post - it has given me even more inspiration to go back to school and do well!

Even though I don't know you, I must say I am proud of you! Again, congrats and keep up the good work!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    That's a mighty mature outlook for one so young, wish I :blushing: had your outlook at your age. YOU GO GIRL :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: The best of luck, keep up the good work.
    I am sure it cannot be easy :explode: studying and starting a weight loss journey :noway: Caps off to you.

Families are like fudge :tongue: ………….mostly sweet, with a few nuts.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside :laugh: .

Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy :smooched: .
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Bravo! Such a beautiful change in attituge!

Good luck with everything! :flowerforyou:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Hard work does pay off. Keep on your journey and you will succeed!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!