Yo-Yo Dieters Read THIS :) I use to be this way but now..

Options
I am currently reading this book "100 days of weight loss" and I wanted to share this with everyone who does the same things I do... You get super duper motivated at first to do a diet you go 10 days and absolutely have perfection.. then you eat one bite of something bad and you get so dissapointed in yourself that its like wow i failed again and you no longer want to try... well say this :)

MY PAST FAILURES HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON MY ABILITY TO SUCCEED NOW! I know its cheesy but stop thinking that things always go a certain way.. and you never stay with your goals.. Here is a powerful little statement
**I use to be that way, but NOW I am DIFFERENT!

For example you might say things like I use to give up on a diet after a few weeks. But now, I pull out my journal every day and use writing to keep myself on track. When doubts creep in remind youself that NOW you handle life differently

Activity! Make a list of any fears/ negative behaviors that have hurt your weight loss success in the past read each one out loud and say I use to be that way but now I am different. Then write new endings for them by completeing this sentence I use to __________________ but now I _____________________ read these often and then live in a way that makes them true..

Some people may find this cheesy and dumb and silly but I really think its a positive to tool to get your mind on the right track.. hope it helps someone else :)

Replies

• fightingforfiftyfive
    Options
    I really needed some extra motivation lately, and I think I am going to start doing this. I have always been a yo yo dieter and feel as though this journey is going to take me forever. Although for some reason this time my mind has clicked and I can (sort-of) feel that my goal is in reach and that I can do it, this tip will remind me everyday that I AM worth it and that I CAN do it. The only thing stopping me from reaching my goal is ME!

Thank you for sharing :)
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you. I am going to get this book! It has a lot of great reviews on Amazon! Julie
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    Thank you. I am going to get this book! It has a lot of great reviews on Amazon! Julie

I love it whoever wrote it really seems to understand what I go through the first pages described my way of thinking to a T and Im so excited to read the rest but Its a 100 day thing soo im fighting the urge to read the whole thing but read it daily to keep me on track loved activity one and ys lots of good reviewsss for sure :) Glad you likedd it! :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading this book "100 days of weight loss" and I wanted to share this with everyone who does the same things I do... You get super duper motivated at first to do a diet you go 10 days and absolutely have perfection.. then you eat one bite of something bad and you get so dissapointed in yourself that its like wow i failed again and you no longer want to try... well say this :)

I don't have this problem, because I don't think of food in terms of "good" and "bad." I think most people fail because they set themselves up to fail, by setting all kinds of random and odd restrictions based off of whatever pseudo science or fad diet is currently in vogue. Losing weight is honestly a simple thing, it's the driving yourself crazy by overcomplicating it that causes failure.
  • shazzy047
    Options
    thanks for that...I think we can all use help with the "emotional" side of things otherwise we wouldn't have a weight problem....loads of good vibes to us all :-)
  • brianandmarlene2
    Options
    That is exactly what I think when I go off a diet. Thanks for sharing!