Simply QUestion?

Options
How do you log things that have no nutrition analysis and are kind of a generic or local producer? For instance I bought a personal size bell pepper, chicken and pineapple pizza from outpost natural foods but have no idea how to log the calories . . .

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    One of two ways, IMO:

1) Estimate/enter in the component ingredients.
    2) Take a look at several similar products and choose one that lands somewhere in the middle for data.

For example, if you find 15 different bell peppers, choose one that is somewhat in between in terms of calories/macros.

You are obviously estimating in either case.

EDIT: In for more answers, would like to hear different ideas on this. The above is what I do.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I go to the recipe section and enter each ingredient as close as I can. Then I either save the recipe if I think I'll eat it again or just quick add the calories into my diary.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing as Sidesteal. Try to find something that closely resembles the dish or, if not, enter the individual ingredients of the dish.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I typed in bell pepper, chicken and pineapple pizza and a couple of options came up. It may not be exact but maybe one will come close. Next time maybe ask if they can give you an estimate on the calorie count for the pizza.