Halloween Candy

Options
How is everyone planning to cope with the halloween trick or treat candy out tomorrow? I always get a mix bag of different candies so I think my stratagy is to take one piece of each kind and set it aside for myself and when its gone its gone. Whats everyone elses plan?

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm just not buying candy. I won't be home, so there's no reason for me to buy any to give out.
  • healthy4self
    Options
    I buy candy that I'm not tempted by. Dum dums, smarties, etc.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

That.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Don't have any - if I had one I would have 20, it is easier for me not to start than it is to stop! :tongue:
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    im not doing anything for tomorrow. but if i was, i would eat a skinny cow bar while everyone else ate candy.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

That.

Thats a great idea...I feel so traditional about holidays...i buy the hand out the same candy that my parents bought when i was a kid to hand out haha..i'm really trying to work on having treats in moderation. So hopefully i can save some of these treats throughout the week :) My sweet tooth is getting a lot better these days
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

That.

Thats a great idea...I feel so traditional about holidays...i buy the hand out the same candy that my parents bought when i was a kid to hand out haha..i'm really trying to work on having treats in moderation. So hopefully i can save some of these treats throughout the week :) My sweet tooth is getting a lot better these days

My problem with this is that a lot of kids aren't tempted by those candies either. I buy good stuff, but we get it the day of, and we likely won't have much left since we get around 40-50 trick or treaters.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just eat a lil light during the day tomorrow & have a few pieces of my daughter's candy--whatever fits into my calories. Oh, I also plan to do a hardcore workout in the AM :)
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have four children and we have already been to 2 trunk or treats events..now were going trick or treating tomorrow at my sister in laws house...so i hear ya..it's a dieter's nightmare. So what i'm plannin on doing with the candy that we got from the other events is to donate it all to my sister in laws candy bucket...then what we get tomorrow...i will let the kids pick out 15 pieces of their favorites to put away for special treats with theire names on each bag...and the rest i'm going to use on november 6th..our local Noodles & Company Reasturant is doing a candy swap for a fee kids meal! I needed to come up with a plan because i've already put on a least a pound from all the chocolate! ahhh!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i just had two little pieces and it was 95 calories. disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not eating any more of that.
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options

That.

My problem with this is that a lot of kids aren't tempted by those candies either. I buy good stuff, but we get it the day of, and we likely won't have much left since we get around 40-50 trick or treaters.

We also get a log of trick or treaters! So i dont need to worry about left overs. Last year we rean out pretty early and i had to run out for another bag
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    I have four children and we have already been to 2 trunk or treats events..now were going trick or treating tomorrow at my sister in laws house...so i hear ya..it's a dieter's nightmare. So what i'm plannin on doing with the candy that we got from the other events is to donate it all to my sister in laws candy bucket...then what we get tomorrow...i will let the kids pick out 15 pieces of their favorites to put away for special treats with theire names on each bag...and the rest i'm going to use on november 6th..our local Noodles & Company Reasturant is doing a candy swap for a fee kids meal! I needed to come up with a plan because i've already put on a least a pound from all the chocolate! ahhh!

Thats a good plan! Hopefully you can lose that pound quickly and get back on track! Luckily we do not have any kids yet so I dont need to deal with that temptation after it is all said and done. If it gets late and I still have a lot of candy left i will just likely dump it in some lucky little kids bag
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    Just eat a lil light during the day tomorrow & have a few pieces of my daughter's candy--whatever fits into my calories. Oh, I also plan to do a hardcore workout in the AM :)

I wish I could stand to work out in the am and get it over with but i do NOT like to wake up earlier then i have to!
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    i just had two little pieces and it was 95 calories. disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not eating any more of that.

Glad you have that will power!!
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Thats a good plan! Hopefully you can lose that pound quickly and get back on track! Luckily we do not have any kids yet so I dont need to deal with that temptation after it is all said and done. If it gets late and I still have a lot of candy left i will just likely dump it in some lucky little kids bag

In the past I've had my husband take it to work and put it out in the break room...it's gone in minutes! So...because of the free kids meals were going to swap. I do hate have candy in the house...my 6 year old is contantly asking for it...so it's just best to get rid of it! For everyone's sake!