Team Power Hungry ~ Motivation Matters Challenge ~ ** Closed

Options
Team Power Hungry, this is your captain speaking! :) Mamamc03 and I were talking and we thought this would be the easiest way for us to communicate about challenges and to support each other over the duration of the challgenge.

Here is the link to the first challenge blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MotivationMatters/view/episode-1-100-teamwork-164232

If ya'll have questions or ideas or anything you can post them on here. I hope this helps and good luck this week guys because we are going to need it with those challenges, they are crazy! :D

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    OMG....I am freaked out-excited-pumped-almost peeing in my pants in fear about this mileage challenge!! Phew....We can do this!! So starting this morning...let's kick Episode 1's Boot-ay!! We are one of the biggest teams in lb-age...so let's show them what kind of POWER that Team Power Hungry can have!! I plan on posting here once a day and editing the post with updates as the day goes on. NO SODAS PEOPLE!! Oh this will be so hard!!!

So here's a mini intro about me....(for my sappy background story check out my profile)
    My name is Amanda & my hubby (bigmc03) & I have been MFP'ers since June 28th, 2011. We have been married since January 2003....ALMOST 9 YEARS!! OMG!! I'm 27 and have a BEAUTIFUL 5 year old daughter who is a daily inspiration for me. Family time is one of the most important things to me and is something I will fight for! When I got married, I was 220. I have climbed up to 361, which is where I started this journey. I hit 321.3 today! So 101lbs to go until I hit my wedding weight!!

What I do for fun....
    I love to paint and do crafty stuff! I am a computer application nerd! I can do anything from make a billing spreadsheet to a brochure to an awesome power point. I am also a singer. Singing is therapy for me, especially in church. I sing a good part of the day. I can find a song for ANYTHING. Give me a word and I will bust out the showtunes/pop/classics that goes along with it! Kinda fun!

Friends describe me...
    As funny, always cracking jokes, witty, yada yada.

Secretly...
    I am a loner that is terrified of being judged for whatever my insecurity is for that day.

Additional baggage...I have depression and anxiety issues. Not major, but enough to affect my daily life. I take prozac daily and without it, I cannot mentally function. Top that off with severly irregular TOM's from my weight...I'm a loon sometimes!!

I'm an extremely passionate, emotional person who is sometimes a flake. Love me...because you simply can't do anything but!! ;) Mwah!
  • HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a question....where do I post my mini challenge updates? Do I just put them in my status or here? Im not sure if I will exercise this afternoon or evening....but you WILL be see it before the day is over. I plan to do 30 min ellipitcal and 45 min running. Thats 10 min more than normal on both.
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for checking in! I meant to write that last night Lady H :D I would like us all to updeate this board daily. Either at the end of the day or periodicly. But by the end of each day I would like you to put how many ounces of water you had and how many miles you did that day. I will be keeping a spreadsheet of them so that it will be easier to keep up with come close to time for our update on saturday that way we can see if and where we are lacking and whose but I need to kick into gear ;) Keep up all the great work Team Power Hungry and Lets show them just how Power Hungry we are!!!
  • lep_623
    Options
    I just want to tell you Amanda that I love you!!! ;) no matter what your mental state is, b/c mine is probably bout the same lol and we both have guys that love us no matter what!! So you keep working on getting healthy and trying to weight less than me, b/c you have .1 lb to lose to catch up to me ;)
  • mamamc03
    Options
    UPDATE: 5:40pm
    Awww Love you too Lauren!! So here are my stats so far....

96oz so far!!
    2 miles so far!!

I plan on walking with my daughter trick or treating tonight....I plan on parking and walking...if it's safe!

Just so you know....2 miles is HUGE for me!! I mean huge!! But I am thankful for this challenge bc I am doing a 5k on the 12th and then another on Thanksgiving Day!

Candy count....
    1 Reeses miniature
  • lep_623
    Options
    6:30 pm here in Alabama and I have had 91.6 oz of water and walked 3.3 miles. I burned 1400 calories :D Amanda I am proud of that 2 miles b/c I know it is not easy! Alright everyone get to work!! I need those updates and I need you to work hard for our team this week!! :D
  • mamamc03
    Options
    Update...note for some reason, I cannot edit my post from earlier like I can on other boards. BOO!!

Anyways...
    104oz & 2.7 miles

Hey L-Dawg....Were you going to make a google spreadsheet? AAAAAAAAnnnnyways. Geez, I am tired!! Let's all get up and do it again in the morning!!
  • bigmc03
    Options
    Hi everybody. Today I drank120oz of water and walked 4.5 miles.
  • bigmc03
    Options
    Sounds like everybody is doing well. Today i have drank 120 oz of water and walked/ran 3.2 miles. Keep up the hard work everyone.
  • lep_623
    Options
    Awesome job BigMC!!! Just so you know... I chose you as a competitor in my water drinking... I plan on trying to beat you in water everyday this week :D If you would like to accept that challenge that is?! ;) Awesome job on your miles!!! :D
  • mamamc03
    Options
    Ok...drum roll please.........................

136oz in water and 3.2 Miles

Ho-Leeee CRAP my body hurts!! So MM posted about burpees....I don't know what they are...but they sound scary...

Ok...I googled it...this is a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50

I just tried and did about 4. Not shabby. Got my heart pumping.

I am super proud of ALL of you!! Let's kick this week's butt!! I did .4 over today, so I have .4 to make up tomorrow for Monday. Let's watch those cals and down that water!! Woowee!! I wanna hit 300 by New Years and YOU are the people that will get me there! I <3 You!!
  • lep_623
    Options
    You and me both Mama!!! I want to get to 299 so badly I can taste it!! :D I want to be under 300 so bad and by new years would be amazing!! We will kill, we have too! B/c I can not do burpies lol!!
  • mamamc03
    Options
    Ok....Amanda's update (that's me)
    104oz
    3.4 miles

i am presently soaking my dogs in hot water and scented epsom salt. let's do it again tomorrow!!!n go team!!
  • bigmc03
    Options
    Hope everybody did well today. Walked 2.8 miles and drank 104 oz of water.
  • mamamc03
    Options
    I'm kinda sad that Ryan, Lauren & I are the only ones really posting on here!! I want to know how we are coming too!! Don't yall?? This way we can make up miles if needed.

MMMMMMMMMMMk. So....

104oz & 3.75 miles

How did you do today!?!
  • bigmc03
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have had 138o of water and walked/jogged 2.8 miles today.
  • bigmc03
    Options
    Today I Walked/jogged 2.8miles and drank 100 oz of water.
  • bigmc03
    Options
    Well tis is it, I ran/walked 4.5 miles and drank 104oz of water.
  • mamamc03
    Options
    OK TEAM POWER HUNGRY....LISTEN UP!!!

I have a challenge for you!! Since the other teams got advantages for doing the extra push-ups, etc, we TOTALLY need to step up our game. We came in 4th place, which is awesome....but I want 1st!!!

Part 1-TRY and add the burpees to your 21's & jumping jacks. If you can't that's cool, but if you can, do them! All these are easy to work in "in living room" exercises
    Part 2 - Continue walking!! We did SOOOO amazing this past week! Try to hit that 2.8+
    Part 3- Keep that water flowing!! It is so good for our bodies!!

Remember....do as MANY Jumping Jacks or JJ Alt's as you can!! We want as high of an advantage as we can get!!
  • mom12
    mom12 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I finally found this!! I can't read these from my phone app so I have to actually log on to a computer, which I rarely do from home..about me..I have very little to read on my page, I guess it is because I usually prefer to hide. so here goes: I have 2 kids, 12 year old girl and 14 year old boy. The girl I am worried about..she is a little overweight, but still gorwing by leaps and bonds..her shoe size seems to incease on a weekely basis..I try to be a good example to her and I make very healthy veggie loaded dinners. She has a huge sweet tooth, she can smell candy a mile away and no place is a safe hiding place...My son is constantly moving and without even belonging to any type pf organized team sport has washboard abs...and can eat like a bear. I am seperated, that happened 3 years ago and has been a wonderful thing for me, I am so much happier. No ex drama, we get along way better and the kids are happy, they spend a week with me then a week with him and we are really good about being flexible for family things and special circumstances etc. I have a wonderful cyclist boyfriend who used to be a long distance runner, he now does a lot of yoga, is retired(mostly except for some part time fun jobs) and he encourages me all the time. He is 13 years older, but he is so healthy and young at heart that age doesn't really seem to matter. My kids like him too! I am an emotional eater, stress makesme eat, happiness makes me eat, etc. I am trying really hard to get over that..and then in Janulary I blew apart my ankle which led a to weight gain, (in addition to what I already needed to lose) of about 15-20 pounds. So here I am, trying again! I am very thankful for all of you and your daily inspiration.
    I am definitely going to do the water, Not sure If I can do the additional mile due to time contraints, but I will def do at least 2.8, it just might not be 2.8 above my normal...I am excited for a weight lifting challenge too!

So far today, 16 oz of water ( I just started)...with 110 more to go!! Molly