Lose 6 kgs in 5months without exercising Any ideas ?

Options
2»

Replies

• britesideoflife
    britesideoflife Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellefun, I stay at home with a 2 year old and 3 month old so completely understand what you mean about being pressured for time. There is alot of verygood advise on this thread already so won't repeat too much about walking for exercise, working out with your baby or while they are sleeping etc.

Another idea for finding time to cook is to get a slow-cooker. (I think they are called crock-pots in the US?). I use mine all the time to make healthy soups, stews or casseroles. It allows me to do the prep during the day when I have a spare second and then in the evening at dinner time (Which is just crazy time in our house with the over-tired kids) I don't need to do anything apart from dish up.

Don't feel too disheartened by some of the harsh advise on here. It is all very well intended - but I can understand that it is hard to hear!
  • ellefun
    ellefun Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Ellefun, I stay at home with a 2 year old and 3 month old so completely understand what you mean about being pressured for time. There is alot of verygood advise on this thread already so won't repeat too much about walking for exercise, working out with your baby or while they are sleeping etc.

Another idea for finding time to cook is to get a slow-cooker. (I think they are called crock-pots in the US?). I use mine all the time to make healthy soups, stews or casseroles. It allows me to do the prep during the day when I have a spare second and then in the evening at dinner time (Which is just crazy time in our house with the over-tired kids) I don't need to do anything apart from dish up.

Don't feel too disheartened by some of the harsh advise on here. It is all very well intended - but I can understand that it is hard to hear!

thanks ya for that, really needed it . yes i understand. i won give up and will do my very best !
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I m a full time mom to a 5 month old. Hardly have the time to go out. Any Ideas How to achieve my Goal weight before Next year march Without Hitting the gym ? I sooo neeed to loose the weight. My hubby just giggle when i say i M going to loose the 6 kgs before our holiday trip next year i cant let him Be right bout that !!!!

Need Help!!!!!! i cant cook either myself no time ( no nanny no Maid to help ) ...... sad...............am i too late?

Bluntly, wrong attitude and too many excuses. So many of us MFPs have kids and don't have $ for the gym, but still manage to work out and cook healthy foods for ourselves and family. If you are not in the right mindset and thinking you are going to make changes it is not going to happen for you.

I agree. you're a stay at home mum but you dont have time to cook or do any exercise? what do you do all day!?
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I m a full time mom to a 5 month old. Hardly have the time to go out. Any Ideas How to achieve my Goal weight before Next year march Without Hitting the gym ? I sooo neeed to loose the weight. My hubby just giggle when i say i M going to loose the 6 kgs before our holiday trip next year i cant let him Be right bout that !!!!

Need Help!!!!!! i cant cook either myself no time ( no nanny no Maid to help ) ...... sad...............am i too late?

Bluntly, wrong attitude and too many excuses. So many of us MFPs have kids and don't have $ for the gym, but still manage to work out and cook healthy foods for ourselves and family. If you are not in the right mindset and thinking you are going to make changes it is not going to happen for you.

I agree. you're a stay at home mum but you dont have time to cook or do any exercise? what do you do all day!?

I'm a stay at home mum and finding time to get the cooking and excercise in is extremly hard dont judge a situation you dont understand some people have easy babies that allow them to get allot of things done, some dont theres always cleaning feeding playing to do and when you are holding a baby that might be teething sick or just plain not sleeping you dont have the time or hands to get these things done and its all day long and you have to do all this on very little sleep if your baby is wakeing through the night my husband who has a high stress job actually said after looking after the kids while i was sick that his job is allot easier because he has time and breaks , shes a first time mum and it takes along time to learn how to mange your time and how to cook and basically live ,i have 3 kids and have been a mum for 7 years and i still find it hard some days