NSV - I Conquered It! with pics!

Options
AshDHart
AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
I’ve always loved to hike. Even at my heaviest, I would walk in the foothills even if just for a few minutes. After I was put on oxygen in March, I knew I would need to wait to walk in the foothills again. I’m on the larger tanks that you pull in a cart, not the best thing for dirt paths and mountainous trails. I was hoping to be put on the smaller tanks quickly but after the Summer passed, I realized that even though I’m improving, it might be some time before I can move to the smaller ones that I can carry on my shoulder.

Not wanting to wait until then, I wondered how I could get walking in the foothills again. Elena Gallegos Park is one of my favorites places, but there is no way I could navigate most of the trails. Luckily, they have a handicap-accessible trail, Cottonwood Springs, that leads to my favorite spot, the wildlife blind! My husband has been great about pulling the tanks if I get stuck, so off we went!

StartingEGMFP.jpg

It went much better than I thought. I only rested once, which is a first! I didn’t keep a very fast past, but I made the quarter-mile trip to the wildlife blind in 12 minutes.

Success! I conquered the trail!

AshleyConqueredEGMFP.jpg

Not to mention, when I first got the tanks, it was all I could do to lift them into my car. Now I can lift one over my head without any trouble!

Replies

• JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    What an awesome accomplishment!!!!! You'll be off those tanks in no time! Kudos to you!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    beyond cool. go, you!!!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! So happy that you conquered it! It's great to have a supportive husband, too!

Congrats on the FAB NSV!!!

Peace,
    Loree
  • mrsdaytons
    mrsdaytons Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats to u and your journey! What a beautiful way to make an accomplishment! Wish u the best for the rest of it. Great job!
  • DGomez22
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You can do anything if you set your mind to it!! Way to inspire everyone!!! So proud of you!
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You're doing terrific!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Congrats... you look awesome!
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful paved trail, Ashley. I loved this post. Who says those tanks are not just another way to 'work it'? You're doing awesome! Let's meet one afternoon for a 'hike' over there :-D
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful paved trail, Ashley. I loved this post. Who says those tanks are not just another way to 'work it'? You're doing awesome! Let's meet one afternoon for a 'hike' over there :-D
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    You made me cry:) Congratulations!! This is really a huge VICTORY!! To be on oxygen and make that hike is courageous, plus those tanks are extremely heavy and you have it above your head, just amazing! I read your about me and your husbands diabetes, and just wanted to encourage you, that you can do it. My Mom has had COPD for 25 yrs, and because of years of steriods she gained 100+ lbs, when she was diagnosised with diabetes she followed her Dr. guidlines and lost 85 lbs, just eating a diabetic diet. You keep on, and you will no longer need that oxygen tank:)
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the great work!
  • ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work, you look fantastic!!!!!!:noway:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you're doing great. :flowerforyou:
  • wvmom30
    wvmom30 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! I'm so happy for you...Keep up the good work
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I only have one word: AMAZING!!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That is an AMAZING and AWESOME accomplishment!!!! Congratulations on that and keep going you are on your way girl! I am loving your husband for helping you also, great guy!!!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: incredible!!! WTG!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!