New Activities for the Shy One?

Options
Hi all.
The thing is, doing all of these "calisthenics" workouts are getting boring as they are typically "easier". I get through close to 30 minutes about breathless, but on the flip side, I feel I'm not doing enough to get the "sore" feeling the next day which is telling me I'm not pushing myself enough. So I figured I should try a new activity.

The thing is, I'm a pretty shy person. But really it has nothing to do with my personality as it does with the environment I live in. Where I previously lived, I loved to take walks and take pictures and get out and all that stuff. My heart is really into learning how to run and getting into that, but I feel so unsafe in my neighborhood I barely take a step out the door let alone the nearest gym. I can get very paranoid about people watching me jog up and down the street. =/ (I know, sad)

So I'm just wondering, do you guys know of any "indoor" activites that will give me a little more entertainment? I would get out there and go for a walk in the morning like I used to do if I didn't hear so many cop cars waking me up.... =/. Seriously, I'm getting better at my pushups and that was one exercise I thought I'd NEVER get better at.:noway: :tongue:

Replies

• abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    You could maybe try out a Zumba class. I'm fairly shy too- but there is something about Zumba that is just so fun. I love it!!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Beach body's Turbofire, if you jump in, here's a support thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/324271-turbo-fire-8-22-the-holiday-countdown

I'm a week in, phwoah, it's a work out!!!!!!!

30 day shred is great two but I say go turbo cos it's pretty peppy :-)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    The 30-Day Shred or any of Jillian's DVDs will definitely make you sore :-)
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i love bellydancing(inside of course) ppl dont stare and believe it or not u will be sore lol first time i did it i was like this isnt doing crap and o i was sore the next day lol
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Abcerc, I think I wanna try Zumba! It looks like so much fun on those commercials!

1a1a You make TurboFire sound a little intimidatin.................I'm game.:happy:
  • Mskraizy
    Options
    i love bellydancing(inside of course) ppl dont stare and believe it or not u will be sore lol first time i did it i was like this isnt doing crap and o i was sore the next day lol

Really? I might try that, how long have you been into it?
  • Mskraizy
    Options
    The 30-Day Shred or any of Jillian's DVDs will definitely make you sore :-)

That's what I hear.:wink: I think I might invest in one of her videos one of these days.
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sports at an Indoor Sports Centre, netball, soccer, volleyball, etc.