What can i replace the sugar i have in my coffees with?

Options
2»

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Aspartame worked wonders for me. I replaced the 2 sugars in each of my 10-12 cups of tea/coffee a day, saving me 3-400 cals a day. Never felt better! :D

C'mon you scaremongers!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I cut down to 1 tsp of sugar in my coffee. You get use to it after a while. Only 16 cal and 4 carbs. I can work that easily into my day. I will not give up morning coffee and I will not eat artificial sugars.
  • quiltlady48
    Options
    Try Nestle Coffee-Mate French Vanilla - Sugar Free.. It works for me.. I love coffee too...
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I put one tbsp of 1% milk in...and add....STEVIA!
    Yup, all natural (made from herb root) and I get it in liquid form. (I, personally, use Young Living's liquid stevia and I keep it in the fridge). It helps to balance/regulate normal blood sugar levels as well. No calories.
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Are you in the EU? If so, you won't be able to get Stevia because it's banned here due to health concerns arising from animal studies (although these findings are slightly equivocal - google for more info).

How about trying Xylitol? Not too much, though, as it has a slightly laxative effect.

Or how about good old-fashioned saccharine tablets like Hermesetas?
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    STEVIA. Zero calorie, all natural, made from a root.
    It's the only sweetener I've used for the past seven years, and I literally carry it with me in my purse at all times.

Please readhttp://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3230

This looks like an unpleasant 'natural product'