Hello fitness pals.

Options
My name is Calbee and I'm 39 years old. I'm currently 245lbs and 6'2" tall... As a kid and young adult I was an avid skateboarder and was doing about 8-10 hours of intense cardio a day seven days a week, 365 days a year. A few years ago my wife and I had a son who is now three and after he came along I became a stay at home dad. Due to stress from not being able to skate all day and having a small child to take care of I started eating, and eating, and eating. I went from a 32 inch waist to almost a 40 in just a few short years. I also went from a medium shirt to an XL before I even realized I had a problem.

My current goal is to keep my calories down to 1,600, that's down from a little over 3,000 a day. My other current goal is to go to the gym every day and do at least an hour on the treadmill at a speed of 3.5 with a minimum incline of 2. I'm still going to allow my self one can of Coke a day, but that's a long way from the 2-liter a day i was drinking.

So far I've tracked my last three days and have been under my calories for each day and have kept to my promise and have gone to the gym all three days.

I've also been a professional photographer for the last twenty years and would like to offer a free portrait to anyone local who gets to their goal and would like one.

Feel free to add me and keep me on track,
Calbee

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!!
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    yes welcome, feel free to add me, wish I lived closer to take you up on the portrait offer, great idea.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) Hope you'll get to do some skateboarding for your own passion! If you believe it, you'll definitely reach your goals!

Feel free to add me and we can all encourage each other!