Getting past mental barrier

Hello all.

So this weekend I spent a lot of time with my friend who has lost quite a lot of weight recently. During the weekend she seemed to eat barely anything; breakfast was a piece of toast and 1 rasher of bacon, then she didnt eat anything until dinner (which she only ate half of).

I on the other hand felt like I was stuffing my face in comparison, but I do a lot of exercise and do (most of the time) stay below my calories.

I know that there is the potential she will go in to starvation mode as she is not doing exercise and barely eating anything, however when I can see the results on her it makes me think maybe I should be eating less?

So confusing!! Anyone else struggle when seeing what other slim people eat etc?

Replies

• lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    I have the opposite problem --- all of my friends are thinner than me and they get cheeseburgers, quesdillas, chicken fingers etc, while im there eating a grilled chicken salad or if i do get a cheeseburger, I try to not eat the bun and add extra lettuce & tomato plus a side salad instead of fries...

I'm starting to really believe the whole "you have to find what works for you" theory ... I'm still infuriated at that, though, because obviously if I knew what worked for me, I wouldnt be overweight!! lol .. I guess the point I'm trying to make is -- your friend might be super thin, but shes definately not getting proper nutrition, calories etc ... She'll hit a wall soon and be forced to eat more. Your doing it the right way for you !! Goodluck !
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Are you making progress doing what you are doing?
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    As soon as she starts eating again it'll pile straight back on where as you're doing it the 'correct' way, tuning your body to how you want it to be. Stay with it! :D
  • smarinowilson
    smarinowilson Posts: 18 Member
    your friend is eating very unhealthy and dangerously.in the long run this will affect her organs and the amount of food intake she can handle.It is very bad to go under 1200 calories .I am 56 and been a yo yo dieter until this past may.eating healthy and exercise is the best way.I was 186.6 in may today 149.8.i still have 24lbs to go but sensibly
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    There is a difference between being thin and being healthy.
  • smarinowilson
    smarinowilson Posts: 18 Member
    you can get past anything .april 1st my husband died after being treated for cancer for 3 month.I am a emontional eater ,have no money rent a house and am still looking for for second job.take one day at a time and eat sensibly and exercise
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    As soon as she starts eating again it'll pile straight back on where as you're doing it the 'correct' way, tuning your body to how you want it to be. Stay with it! :D

I agree! Besides, who wants to live like that? Keep doing what you're doing, it sounds healthier.:flowerforyou:
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member

I agree! Besides, who wants to live like that? Keep doing what you're doing, it sounds healthier.:flowerforyou:

Yeah! Who wants to live like that???