Happy Halloween - Best Holiday ever?

Options
_Ben
_Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
Happy halloween everyone! Just wanted to ask whose with me on this: Halloween is the best holiday. When your young, you get to run around and get candy; when your a bit older, you can run around and pull small and harmless pranks; when your older you can go to parties with people dressed in, um, less than appropriate attire; and when your older you can decorate your house like a murder scene, while giving out candy to kids so they can experience the same joy as you did as a kid. Best holiday ever!

PS: Lets not forget
-Old Cheesy Scary Movies
-Old slashers
-New scary movies
-ZOMBIE MOVIES
-Goosebumps
-Are you afraid of the dark?
-Little Kid scary movies like Hocus Pocus and Scooby Doo
-Haunted Houses
-Pumpkin Carving
-Candy
-Costumes
-Apple Cider
-Pumpkin Donuts

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Completely agree! I just add in at all ages you have to try and scare the *kitten* out of all the kids in your neighborhood :D
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :smile: To be young again.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Completely agree! I just add in at all ages you have to try and scare the *kitten* out of all the kids in your neighborhood :D
    not hard 4 you squatting 45 plates and what not...
  • ktndj82104
    Options
    I love Halloween!!
  • _Ben
    Options
    -Old Cheesy Scary Movies
    -Old slashers
    -New scary movies
    -ZOMBIE MOVIES
    -Goosebumps
    -Haunted Houses
    -Pumpkin Carving
    -Candy
    -Costumes
    -Apple Cider
    -Pumpkin Donuts
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Happy halloween everyone! Just wanted to ask whose with me on this: Halloween is the best holiday. When your young, you get to run around and get candy; when your a bit older, you can run around and pull small and harmless pranks; when your older you can go to parties with people dressed in, um, less than appropriate attire; and when your older you can decorate your house like a murder scene, while giving out candy to kids so they can experience the same joy as you did as a kid. Best holiday ever!

-Old Cheesy Scary Movies
    -Old slashers
    -New scary movies
    -ZOMBIE MOVIES
    -Goosebumps
    -Haunted Houses
    -Pumpkin Carving
    -Candy
    -Costumes
    -Apple Cider
    -Pumpkin Donuts

i agree. halloween is actually my favorite holiday of them all
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Halloween rocks. At 51, I still dress up to give out candy. We decorate and even make a haunted house for the neighborhood kids. Nobody gets candy unless they come inside. This year we have 4 teenagers (including my daughter) who will be dressed up and hiding in the "cemetary" to scare people. I think you are right about it changing as you get older. I was just looking at the haunted house and it is much more sick than it used to be. Only one kid cried last year but this year it might be a little over the top.

The one biggest change? No candy for me this year. Even though I just spent over $120 on the candy at walmart. We see so many kids (150-200 every year) that it takes that much.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I love Halloween! Horror movies,and scaring the crap out of the neighborhood kids.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    not hard 4 you squatting 45 plates and what not...

Bahahaha dont hate ;D

Thats how I scare them. i go around squating all the kids in the neighborhood :P
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Never done anything for Halloween, it's not a big deal here where I live and only just started to cross the Atlantic in recent times, Our local police give out posters to put in your window saying 'no trick or treaters' and they publish a page in the local paper saying not to do it and that if people knock on your door you can call the police as it's an anti social issue.

BIG cultural difference.
  • _Ben
    Options
    Never done anything for Halloween, it's not a big deal here where I live and only just started to cross the Atlantic in recent times, Our local police give out posters to put in your window saying 'no trick or treaters' and they publish a page in the local paper saying not to do it and that if people knock on your door you can call the police as it's an anti social issue. It is is also viewed as VERY anti church and our local church is holding an 'anti Halloween' party for the local children.

BIG cultural difference.

Totally different. My church actually hosts a trunk or treat where people (church members) come with their cars, and REALLY little kids can trick or treat from the back of their cars, so that its kinda contained. We dont (as far as I know) have those church hell houses or anything, actually if you understand the history and the church's involvment in the past, Halloween is actually (to some degree) a holiday recognized and supported by the church (depending what denomination of course). Lets not turn this into a debate, lets just enjoy the festivities!
  • _Ben
    Options
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry, wasn't trying to turn it into a debate, sorry lol will lose the church reference...sorry. I was trying to show the cultural difference, am not a church goer myself,
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Absolutely the best!! It's my fav day of the year, Christmas SUCKS compared to the fun, joy and ease of Halloween.

I'm sitting at my desk at work in a bloody wedding dress, full zombie makeup. If anyone is from Toronto and saw me walking through Union Station, that's me, crazy Zombie Bride! LOVE IT!
  • foodluver27
    Options
    Your message topic rocks! I am in love with Halloween! My birthday is today and have always loved my birthday was on Halloween..in my opinion it is the coolest day to celebrate a birthday..so Happy Halloween everyone and eat some candy and watch some scary movies :devil: