30 days without a scale and proof that the scale "lies"

Options

Replies

• Beehiveof8
    Beehiveof8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others.... WOW and YES I can definitely see a difference! WTG! Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. It is very encouraging!
  • continue29
    Options
    Amazing!!

Thank you for confirming what i already suspected was the truth. Its not all about what you weigh.. its more about how you look & most about how you feel.

You go girl!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Nice job. I myself got rid of my scale in August and September and while I did lost 8 pounds, I thought I would lose more. The number that made me happier though was the number of notches I had to make in my belt. I had to put in two extra holes an inch apart during that time so it would keep my pants up. I am close to 1derland, but a size 36 pants is reward enough for me. Congrads and keep up the awesome work. And yes, I can see the difference.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference! You look fantastic! The scale is a liar, and we know it! Good for you for getting rid of it - huge kudos on the will power! And, HOO-RAH on losing the inches! that's the best of ALL! You rock!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I say F**K the scale to.........you have been an inpiration to me, more than you know. I see a huge difference in you. You work so very hard and deserve it. Lets keep rollin' !
  • nickiw68
    Options
    Well done, you certainly look as though you have lost weight and toned up in the second set of pictures.

I have to agree about the scales, and my weight just keeps going up by a couple of pounds and then down again - so much that I am going to take a leaf out of your book and ditch the scales for a month!!!!

They have to be the worst thing going for loss of motivation!! And yet I know I have lost inches round my waist because my trousers are so much looser than before.

Thankyou for an inspiring read today...you've made my day! Oh, and keep up the good work!

Nicki :flowerforyou:
  • wyangel
    wyangel Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you! I have been battling the same 4 or so pounds also, and I weigh each morning. So you know how crazy that can make me! I need to do this. I've been looking for my measuring tape, may have to buy another one and start looking at measurements and my clothes. Keep up the great work!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You look great! There is a definitely a difference!

I will have to look into the "Weightlifting for women". I saw a blog about a girl named Staci and was very intrigued and motivated. Now seeing what difference it has made with you I'll be looking into it for sure!

I personally don't own a scale. I probably never will. The only time I weigh myself is at the gym when I go to Yoga on Sunday's early in the AM since she reccomends not eating prior since we twist and turn lol I haven't weighed myself in over 2 weeks since I haven't been able to go.

Anyway, great accomplishment. Amazing NSV!
  • nagaisgich
    Options
    I meant to quote the person who mentioned lady weight loss. I think that for a theory, it is correct ... but I have heard it's only true if you are consuming enough extra calories to build muscle. Anyone who is consuming fewer calories than they need to maintain weight won't build muscle. I have seen that a thousand times on trainer sites. Can anyone confirm?
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You've done fantastic!! :):):)
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Thank you for this post! FIRST off, AWESOME work!! I can tell the difference without question! I just had a scale meltdown myself. You thik after loosing what I have thus far, I'd get over the damn scale, but no...us women and men love the self abuse of stepping on that scale huh! I started working out again this week...30 day shred, and gained some weight. And have been watching what I eat like crazy! So frustrating! Like you said...its a society thing. I know I have a "set" number in my head that I want to magically see on the scale some day. That number for some reason is in the 130's. Why do we have such an obsession with a number...society I guess.

Keep up the great work!!! I surely shows!!!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I've only lost 5 pounds since I started MFP again in JULY and my scale will register a half-pound loss one day, then a 4-pound GAIN a few days later. It's really upsetting even though I know I shouldn't let it get to me (my friends are really supportive and always remind me that the scale is not very trustworthy).

Although I also take my measurements and they don't seem to be changing a whole lot either >(
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. My scale has been living in my trunk since Oct 1 because it was taunting me! I had to go to the doctor this AM and get weighed one day before my month without the scale challenge and I hadnt lost a single pound...NOT A SINGLE FRIGGIN POUND!!! I too was ready to burst into tears and eat straight from the 1/2 gallon of blue bell ice cream in the freezer but i didnt. I didnt take before pictures (shame on me) but i will measure in the morning as planned. I know for sure the inches are gone because my clothes are falling off and every part of me that used to be really big is not that big anymore. Your post keeps me from learking to the freezer for a mini pitty party before bed. Thanks. BTW, you look awesome!!!
  • 16katie
    Options
    great job u can totaly see a diffrence in your stomich i can tell even if u havent lost weight u still look good :)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sister! I have been stuck at 218/217/216 and once i even saw a 215 for the last 4 weeks! But....it seems as though my clothes are fitting different, they are loser, and the shape of my body is changing. It seems that every couple of months or so my body changes it's shape even though the scale barely moves. So hang in there, i desparately want to see a 1 as well and even 215 would be great as it will mark 100lb loss. I know i will get there eventually and it's going to take me being patient, i mean, i do have my splurge days which probably hold me back but i can't live without pizza, icecream etc. forever! Stay focused and hang tuff...we got this!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i am so proud of your for sticking to it! you set out to do something that you knew was hard for you and you accomplished it!
  • HoneyDancer
    Options
    Yep I see a difference. You look tighter and slimmer. Keep it up!
  • twinmommy54
    Options
    I can see a difference! You look amazing! I'm so proud of you for stepping off the scale, and realizing that it means nothing! Those measurements are what counts!!! Keep it up girl!!! :heart: :heart:
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I haven't even taken my measurements yet, but I plan to. That way I won't rely only on what the scale tells me. So far, I've lost weight each week, but if I don't one week, the measurements can be a reassurance :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!