hip hop abs any good??

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
Have any of you used hip hop abs and have had results??? I was thinking about getting it for my daughter. She wants to get rid of her pooch, had a baby last July, before our trip to Puerto Rico in March. She is not like me that is self motivated to exercise on her own. And she loves dancing...please tell me what you think. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    Have any of you used hip hop abs and have had results??? I was thinking about getting it for my daughter. She wants to get rid of her pooch, had a baby last July, before our trip to Puerto Rico in March. She is not like me that is self motivated to exercise on her own. And she loves dancing...please tell me what you think. :flowerforyou:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    If she loves dancing I think she'll love it! It surely does work the core, and the moves are fun... especially if you are a good dancer (I'm not, really, do I try not to have a mirror around... hahah).
    By the time I did some HHA I'd already lost weight, but I can tell it's a great program!
    If you have any questions about it, hit me up more, as I'm an Beachbody Coach and would love to help if I can.
    CHeers!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting that too because I LOVE to dance!! Sounds like I might get it!
  • lmclarty
    Options
    I have it and love it. I used it last night and my obliques are so sore today. The guy who leads it is kind of goofy but he has a really great body and is rather nice to look at. My favorite part is that they actually use modern and popular hip hop music. It beats any other video I have used. Does anyone have any idea how many calories it burns? I know it depends on your weight and other factors but a general idea would be great. I have no idea what to put in here when I do it.

120591.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ahoskins
    Options
    I just started using it yesterday and it is great. I am not a great dancer but it is not too hard and it is really fun. I used it in the morning and in the afternoon. I was actually looking forward to my afternoon workout, because I new it was something I enjoy. It really gets your blood pumping and the sweat comes pouring. If you are interested I know a website where you can download the dvds.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started out with Hip Hop Abs. -LOVE IT. I've done every video he makes. I ran 1/2 a marathon last June without running training-just from HHA. The music isn't that great, but Shaun is a cutie and great teacher. He reminds me of Will Smith. Anyway, if you like to dance get them. They work! I'm now doing P90X and in the best shape of my life. Beachbody videos are the best! Work your way up to Rockin' Body videos, they're the best. I could hardly wait to exercise each day. It comes with a schedule, so it really trains you to exercise everyday and I still do! I should do the infomercial!:laugh: Any questions. Feel free to ask me about any of their videos, I've done almost them all. Tilt, tuck and tighten!:wink: Kathy
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think your daughter would love it! My best friend's 20 yr old sister has been using it and loves it! :bigsmile:
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try it- it would be great if you could give us the website to download it

Thanks!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Thanks gals!!! I am sure she will love it, she is a really good dancer. I know you all love it but do you think it will help her lose some inches by mar 9? I know, it is up to her to use them :laugh: :laugh: And she really needs to work on her nutrition...she already asked me for a meal plan Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • aodier
    aodier Posts: 42
    Options
    hey! im on my second week of using hip hop abs and love it! with improving my diet and using these videos I have lost a little over 2lbs and I know that I have lost inches. I am also starting to see some abs! it works the whole body but there is always focus on the abs! by the end of each workout I am drenched with sweat and feel great! I always look forward to doing my workouts and if your daughter likes to dance then I am sure that she will like this video! hope this helps! ditto on the tilti,tuck,tighten!!!!!!! haha
    also, if she sticks to the plan that sean lays out for us, she is pretty much guarenteed to lose weight!
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the website that you can download the video from:smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I would love to know the website that you can download the video from:smile:

You can't download, but you can order from any Team Beachbody coach. Let me know if you have any questions! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks gals!!! I am sure she will love it, she is a really good dancer. I know you all love it but do you think it will help her lose some inches by mar 9? I know, it is up to her to use them :laugh: :laugh: And she really needs to work on her nutrition...she already asked me for a meal plan Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Oh yeah, she will definitely lose inches and see a difference by March! And good for you for helping her w/ her nutrition too, that will really help! :wink:
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just started it, too. I find that I have to do more than one per day..... 30 min. just isn't enough. I miss my P90X though, so today, I did Legs & Back, then did Fat Burning Cardio. What a workout! I haven' t lost the pounds, but I did lose 1/2 inch off my waist. It definately makes you sweat!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    How old is she? They have one for kids and for teens along with the regular stuff. The teen one is his newest. Check ebay too.:drinker:
  • alf1163
    Options
    How old is she? They have one for kids and for teens along with the regular stuff. The teen one is his newest. Check ebay too.:drinker:

My daughter is 24yrs old. She had a baby in July 08. She does not really need to lose a lot of weight, I would say no more than 10lbs. She is not liking that her belly has not come down much...And of course, she needs to do better with her nutrition :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options

My daughter is 24yrs old. She had a baby in July 08. She does not really need to lose a lot of weight, I would say no more than 10lbs. She is not liking that her belly has not come down much...And of course, she needs to do better with her nutrition :laugh: :flowerforyou: