This weekend's Nor'Easter

Options
MDLNH
MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
Winter came early and w/ a vengance this weekend in Southern NH (and surrounding areas) !!!!

Lots of trees down, damage to houses, no power in my area .... and it's not expected to be back (at the earliest) until Wednesday.

Going to be a fun week around here !!!!

Replies

• kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    We lost it for about 4 hrs Sat night/Sun morning.....with temps like they were doesnt take long to get chilly!! Which is why we bought a generator. I would never be without one now. Ever. I am a big baby. I HATE being cold....LOL...hope you get power back soon. I think it is that much harder when you live in the north.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My neighborhood has power. Many towns around me are expected to be without power for days. Luckily we still have Halloween tonight because I'm heading out of town and I would not want to miss all of the neighborhood kids and the big potluck we have tonight. Many of my coworkers are still without power...my office has power though. My parents (luckily) have a woodstove but really no way to flush the toilet outside of melting snow into buckets. My in-laws had to stay with friends. I have two friends that trees fell on their houses...no major damage though.

Crazy!
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    My neighborhood has power. Many towns around me are expected to be without power for days. Luckily we still have Halloween tonight because I'm heading out of town and I would not want to miss all of the neighborhood kids and the big potluck we have tonight. Many of my coworkers are still without power...my office has power though. My parents (luckily) have a woodstove but really no way to flush the toilet outside of melting snow into buckets. My in-laws had to stay with friends. I have two friends that trees fell on their houses...no major damage though.

Crazy!

Bunch of cry baby *kitten* up in here. Cry me a fukin river.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Been watching this on the news (I'm in Texas). Thinking of all of you! We know the feeling, only with hurricanes.