Halloween tips

Options
Halloween can be scary for dieters. There's lots of great candy around and I personally have a hard time saying no.

So what to do?

I know tonight I will be having more calories with pizza and candy,

1, During the day I will eat less, and eat very healthy. IE, Veggies and lean chicken.

2. I won't have the candy on an empty stomach, instead I will have it with fiber or protein to slow the blood sugar affect.

3. I will limit my candy to 3 pieces, I may take more but I will keep them in the freezer

4. I won't stress out over the junk food, it happens and one bad day pr night won't hurt me.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Thanks for the post.
  • Vexedx10
    Vexedx10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the post. Also, nice job on your progress, simply amazing!
  • monikajj
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
  • davis555
    Options
    I have already figured up the calories for the pizza I am going to eat tonight and for the candy I will allow myself. It is much easier working backwards and knowing if you are going to indulge how to adjust your other meals so you don't totally mess up the day. And you are right, one "bad" day is not gonna hurt.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Nice one... although I will enjoy it for what it is and just not be excessive! I know when I'm just scoffing for the hell of it! :) And pizza isn't that bad... if you eat a portion its not really much different from having a bowl of pasta with sauce! And you can make them fresh yourself and make them healthier, or ask for the healthier option, such as cheese free or half cheese and vegetable based topping as opposed to oily /fatty meat topings like salami and sausage....