Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting Started Again!

I've (apparently) had a MyFitnessPal account for some time - tried to set one up this morning and discovered my username was taken (by me) so got on. I"ve struggled with weight for a long time, actually am a 3 time "lifetime member" of WW (lost all the weight three times, stayed at goal for a while), and I got tired of that so tried MFD but so far in 5 years I've gained 27 pounds by not using that and pretending I'm going to really do it. This time is different - I'm doing it with my son who also needs to lose weight about as badly as I do, and I'm very committed.

Replies

• hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    I am with you on having done WW a few times... ok, it is about 5 times... I wish you all the best in getting healthy, and think it is great that you are doing it with your son! I am doing it with my husband, we have to work together, for ourselves, each other, and our kids! Today, is day one for me... here is to getting back on track, and back to healthy weight!
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Good luck to you! I have struggled all of my adult life and done every diet/fad diet/or any other diet under the sun. This is working for me! As long as I keep plugging it in I will stay accountable!
  • Today is my first day back also. Not so great with the big stash of Halloween candy around the house. :) I hope to stay motivated through this. It stinks seeing how much fun all my friends are having at Halloween parties in their teeny tiny costumes all while I decided to stay in because I'm ashamed of all the weight I've put on.
  • May I first say Congrats on making the decision to start over. I too am a WW lifetime member or at least I was. I have been on this rollercoaster many times. I really decided to make the change when I hit my heaviest and saw how many health problems I brought about with it. My husband and I both use MFP and love it. Neither of us realized how bad we actually ate till we started logging, the numbers were alarming. I wish you all the luck in your journey and the same for your son. If you want support and an ally in this battle please feel free to add me to your friends list. I am also on Facebook and have recently joined a 90 day holiday challenge so as to keep myself accountable during this time of year. Again Good Luck!!!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    You can do this! Good luck!!!
  • Soulwriter
    Soulwriter Posts: 22 Member
    Im getting started again too good luck, I dont know if this will help you but ive decided to set up a rewards system for myself as i loose weight ill give myself rewards that are healthy at each checkpoint either things i want to do or places i want to go just little treats to me that arent food... hey it may work its worth a try
  • honeybadger175
    honeybadger175 Posts: 69 Member
    Just started back a week ago myself...so glad I did! Awesome support site! Welcome back!
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    It seems I need to make this journey every 10 years. When I was 32 I lost 50 lbs with WW - successfully kept it off for about 8 yrs and then regained every pound in 2 yrs. When I was 42 I lost 70 lbs on my own by tracking what I ate and joining a gym - successfully kept it off for about 7 yrs (divorce and remarriage in that time) and regained every pound. In May I started the journey again. I am 5' 4" and weighed 197 lbs. Today I weigh 162 lbs. My whole attitude is different this time. I am approaching this as a choice. Last week I started running. On my 3rd run out I actually ran 3 miles in 41 min 02 sec. I am so excited!! I figure each time I go on this journey I learn something. I am convinced that this time will be my last time!!
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Welcome and good luck! I am on my third or fourth time. I lost count.....lol. But I am doing much better this time because I made a commitment to myself and I deserve to feel better.