First Weeks Success with My Fitness Pal!

Options
Just finished my first week on My Fitness Pal and two pounds down!

In the past I have tried other weight loss methods but I did not stick to them. Micro-managing food groups, crazy food rules etc. Just did not work for me. I also tried Weight Watchers a few times but the points just did not add up to successful weight loss.

I really believe MFP will help me achieve my goals because it is so in your face. If I eat this many calories and burn this much energy, I should lose X amount.

I am using an activity tracking device that shows how many calories I burn daily. That combined with the easy calorie tracking on here has been a winning combination this past week.

I love it! I have 72 pounds to lose (now 70 after week 1) and I am super excited to have found this site!

Replies

• cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

The thing about this site is that it's a lifestyle change as compared to a diet, so it kind of changes how you think about things--at least that's what it's done for me!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    And it goes on, not just the first week! Welcome.....
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Congrats and welcome! You picked a great site to help you meet your goals.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site and hope you will to. You will find many supportive people here who know what your struggles are, because they are either having the same issues or have in the past. Look in the success forum for inspiration. You can do this!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This it the start of my 2nd week as well. I was down 4lbs by the end of last week (up 1 today, but wgt always fluxes). I love it and it is a lifestyle change. I've done tons of logging my food and excercise before and have lost weight, but when I stop, I put it back on.

I'll send you a friend request if you need additional support. Good luck on your goals.