Low Calorie and Gluten Free

Options
Hi,
I am trying to stay low calorie and I am Gluten Free. It is so hard anyone got any ideas. All the Gluten Free things that I find are HIGH in Calories and fat.
HELP Please.
Shawn Marie

Replies

• misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    try having real foods that are naturally gluten free, rather than gluen free substitutes for glutun-y foods. Fruits, veggies, lean meat etc
  • runner3590
    Options
    Hi,
    I am gluten and flour free. I eat chicken, fish and red meat for protein. sweet potatoes and brown rice is my largest source of complex carbs. I also use nuts, fruits and veggies to supply my daily caloric needs and reduce any sweet tooth cravings. I measure everything since things like nuts can be high in fat and calories. There is a book out there by Dr. Gott. Easy read and makes the lifestyle easy enough to follow. I hope this helps

rob
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    try having real foods that are naturally gluten free, rather than gluen free substitutes for glutun-y foods. Fruits, veggies, lean meat etc
    Yes. This.
    Also, check out Atkins Diet's "Muffin in a Minute" recipes. Flaxmeal muffins you make in a coffee cup in your microwave, you can experiment & mix up all kinds of different flavors, and I think they're pretty low-cal & low-fat if that's what you're looking for.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I stick to a mostly CLEAN diet i.e. I eat the perimeter of the store. I steer clear of most the GF replacements as a lot of them are higher in calories and carbs. That said, I do have some things I still eat on occasion to feed my cravings. I find it's better to make things from scratch as you can control the calories a lot more. Message me if there are particular things you're looking for.