Sobe LifeWater, NOT WATER!

Options
stresco
stresco Posts: 354 Member
Anybody read the label on one of these things? I have been hammering them back like they were plain water, WTF... I should have put my glasses on sooner.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I noticed that htis weekend... the zero cal ones have 7g of carbs per serviing.

• wannababyH
    Options
    I thought that was a given.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Sometimes I AM as dumb as I look! LOL
  • wannababyH
    Options

Sometimes I AM as dumb as I look! LOL

Sorry, I realize that I came off as mean. Not my intent.

Good thing you caught it now, I'd be frustrated too!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yep...I stay away from pretty much all flavored drinks since I started looking at the labels. Unless the ingredient is "water" (and nothing else), don't drink it! Although, coconut water is all right and a good way to replenish electrolytes if you need them!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I made the same mistake!!! Except I believe the ones I was pounding had like, 40 G of carbs in the bottle total....x3......GAH.......Mio for me now!!! LOL
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's why reading labels is so important!
    False advertising is a huge problem these days. The only concern of the people making the food is how much money it makes them- they couldn't give two craps about selling a quality product. They use cheap ingredients to lessen the cost to themselves which ends up making some scary unhealthy "healthy looking" products!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I read on the front of a label the other day, "no preservatives". I turned the bottle around and it was loaded with sodium. And what is that? A PRESERVATIVE. I read everything these days.
  • bookdame
    Options
    DELICIOUS WATER:

1 wedge of lemon
    1 small sprig of peppermint chopped
    2-3 cups of water
    stir & add ice cubes.

SO GOOD! Who needs bottled water... what a waste of money and earth's precious resources...
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Some plain bottled water has sodium added. Gotta read the labels on EVERYTHING.