fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-November

Options

Replies

• xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am 4'10" and 3/4 (gotta get that in LOL). I started about a month ago at 138lbs and as of this morning is down to 126 lbs. I started 30 DS on the first of November and I am loving what it's doing to my body.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! How is your week going?
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to go to maintenance calories. I have bounced betwee 116 and 117 for the last 6 weeks. (I am 5'2") I think my body is happy at this weight. I have been doing a lot of strengthening exercises and am working on "toning" up. I think I need to change my focus to that and off of weight loss. Anyone have any experience with these changes?
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to go to maintenance calories. I have bounced betwee 116 and 117 for the last 6 weeks. (I am 5'2") I think my body is happy at this weight. I have been doing a lot of strengthening exercises and am working on "toning" up. I think I need to change my focus to that and off of weight loss. Anyone have any experience with these changes?

Beaner- Congratulations on being at weight! That is awesome.

My week is has hectic as ever, but I have been starting to get in some exercise on a regular basis. I use to do 30 minutes every day and I hope to get back to it.

Xmommy - Welcome - good luck with your 30 DS program and I look forward to hearing how you are doing with it.

This week has been hectic. At least I have been able to get in some exercise. I still managed to get a couple of the pounds I had put back on off.

One day at a time is how I'm looking at things.

Jeannie
  • bluegirl10
    Options

That's great!... Congrats your success!
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 just hit my goal weight but us short ppl have to stick together.... it is challenging being short; 10lbs on us looks like 25lbs...lol

WORD! I'm barely 5"3 and those 10 pounds here and there add up quick! I have just reached the part where even 5 pounds is making me fit into my clothes differently and my face looks different! From 135 140, to 140/145 is SO noticeable to me and others!!! I am looking forward to getting back to my normal weight of 115ish! :) Let's do it together all!
  • iggy46
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and unlike some of you have emotional support. My hubby and I are both doing My fitness pal. I do strength training 3-4 times weekly & try to walk 5+ miles daily. I find mixing up your exercise routine helps.. add some rope jumping, dancing,etc.

My biggest problem is chocolate. I love to eat a few pieces of dark chocolate daily, but they equate to 180 calories each. I just try to add a tiny bit more exercise into my day to acount for the calories.

I do not/ will not count any calories on holidays--especially Thanksgiving & Christmas!

Beth Williams
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi All you fun-sized ppl:bigsmile: Iam 5.2"...5.3" on a good day and have about 10ish left to lose! Would love to join in the fun:laugh:
  • pmcder10
    Options
    I would love to join in. I'm 5'0 and have lost about 25 pounds so far. My goal is to end up between 108 and 115. I am currently at 128 and have done the majority of my weight loss on my own, but as of recently I have been lacking motivation. I cannot seem to get myself up in the morning to get to working out. Is there anything that you do in particular to keep you motivated? Do any of you take pre-workout supplements?
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and just started my journey, I want to lose 80 pounds by September 29,2012 when I am taking myself to Disney World! I have already lost 6 pounds and am so excited!!!
  • Moveon78
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'd like to join in, I am 5' 3" and just starting, need to lose about 60 lbs. Been big for about 5 years now, so I dont expect it to go away in a blink..want to be healthy again. Used to weigh roughly between 110 to 120 but now targeting 130 first, at least that will put my bmi back in the normal range instead of obese...

No specific plans yet, just eating within calorie allowed and then start exercising three times a week for this first month. Maybe will rev up exercise plans next month. For now, planning to make the small changes permanent and becomes a daily habit for me..hopefully that will steer me in the right direction. In the past I planned too much but always had difficulty following through.., so this time time, its different, will start small and hopefully I will make it.

Good luck to all the fun sized gals here, we can do it!!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Tanya and I am 5'2". I will be happy to loose about 10 pounds so far and then I'll see how much more I want to loose. I am hopeing to loose the 10 pounds by February when I will be going to Punta Cana on Holiday. I am at 145 right now. I have been fluctuating from 142 to 145 for like 2 months now so we will see. With winter approaching I have noticed that I am getting a little lazy with excercise. I am pretty good with my calories for the day so I know I have to work on the excersicing. Would love the support of this group.

Tanya
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I hurt - in a good way. Raked a whole bunch of leaves on Sunday and did an intense martial arts workout (focus on upper body) with my husband on Monday and my arms, shoulders, back muscles are all still sore. Did squats yesterday and now everything is sore. There is something awesome about knowing you put your all in a workout particularly if you can still feel it days later:bigsmile: HAPPY BURNING, everyone.
  • Jenh714
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 5'1". I have been using MFP since May 2011. In August 2011 I started with a trainer 2-3 times per week. I have recently reinjured my back and had to take a week off of training. I have been gaining and losing the same 5lbs for the last 3 weeks. So frustrating! I started physical therapy on Monday. I have a 6 week course of 30min sessions as well as excercises to do at home nightly. They said I injured the muscles that wrap my spine causing a lot of pain that neither advil, aleve, tylenol or vicodin help. Hopefully continuing to lose weight and working out will help. I'm looking for any support you all can provide and I am here for any support needed.
  • bluegirl10
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and just started my journey, I want to lose 80 pounds by September 29,2012 when I am taking myself to Disney World! I have already lost 6 pounds and am so excited!!!

That's a fantastic reward!...
  • pmcder10
    Options
    I hurt - in a good way. Raked a whole bunch of leaves on Sunday and did an intense martial arts workout (focus on upper body) with my husband on Monday and my arms, shoulders, back muscles are all still sore. Did squats yesterday and now everything is sore. There is something awesome about knowing you put your all in a workout particularly if you can still feel it days later:bigsmile: HAPPY BURNING, everyone.

That is awesome! Some people are unable to appreciate the joy of being sore from a workout. Keep it up! You are doing a great job!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I promise to read the posts and catch up tomorrow.

To make a very, very long story very short.....my teenage son and his girlfriend ran away Thursday, but are back home safely. Now, today I feel like I can get back on track emotionally which leads to healthy eating and getting exercise.

Hopefully, everyone is doing well and good luck this weekend.

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Jeannie, I'm sorry :sad: to hear that there have been more challenges with your son. You are such a great mom and you never give up on him.

:explode: :grumble: :noway: :flowerforyou: after too many days and weeks of riotous living, I'm doing an Isagenix cleanse day today. I'll get a lot of exercise walking the dogs since hubby is out of town so he can't share the walks. I also plan to do some sit down chores and maybe take a nap or at least lie down for awhile and read a novel :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • judyw51
    Options
    Hi I am 5"3" (almost) have lost 60 lbs since January I have about 10 more to go I feel great! I even quit smoking Woo Hoo
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hi I am 5"3" (almost) have lost 60 lbs since January I have about 10 more to go I feel great! I even quit smoking Woo Hoo

Hi Judy - Congratulations on quitting smoking AND loosing weight! Those are two of the hardest things to do and you did them both.

Jeannie