Looking for a few good ideas...

Options
I need to target three areas of my body...
Back fat, any suggestion on how to tighten up and get rid of??
How about the mushroom that is forming around my mid section...you know when you put your pants on, do them up...and waalaa!!
And the spare tire on the stomach...good grief..:O(
Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated...good luck everyone!!

Replies

• TammyWall
    Options
    I need to target three areas of my body...
    Back fat, any suggestion on how to tighten up and get rid of??
    How about the mushroom that is forming around my mid section...you know when you put your pants on, do them up...and waalaa!!
    And the spare tire on the stomach...good grief..:O(
    Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated...good luck everyone!!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Cardio is going to be the best thing for you. But i would lift weights every other day too because the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn when you do cardio. that's what I have to get rid of as well. Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennay77
    Options
    Hi!
    From my own experience (& from trying everything from classes, to personal trainers, to home videos), I find the exercise ball one of the better choices.
    Last year, I got active at my local community centers, and took a toning class, and it involved those inflatable exercise balls.. I was pleasantly surprised, what a great workout! I get discouraged easily, and I found it was actually somewhat fun. It was fairly easy, and somewhat stress free way to get toned up.
    I went out and bought a ball for home, and it included a chart, with simple exercises for the beginners. I pinned it on my wall in the basement and do ball exercises 3 times a week, for about 20 minutes. If you are not sure how to start, look up on the internet for tips, or pay for a one-time session with a trainer who will show you what to do, it's totally worth it.. Hope this helps.. good luck!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Those are all areas with excess fat. The only way to get rid of it is through fat loss- by caloric deficit and cardio. You can't target it, so don't try. Slow and steady, burn those calories and stick with your deficit. It may be the first thing to go, it may be the last but stick with it and it will go :flowerforyou:
  • KFought
    KFought Posts: 10
    Options
    Cardio..................and Supplements wouldn't hurt either. I use Herbalife products...Look them up and see which one suits you best. Best of luck to you and post once you find a means of tackling that demon.
  • KirstenJ
    KirstenJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you need to make a long term goal for yourself, if we starting walking when it got warmer out we could possible make it a goal to run 5 km together.
  • TammyWall
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!! I will put a few of them to the test!! So I guess snapping my fingers and just wishing it away will not work??! That sucks...LOL!! Good Luck Everyone!! Tammy :O)
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Years ago, when I thought I was fat :grumble: I asked a trainer how to get rid of the extra skin right below my breasts, around my rib cage - cardio was his suggestion. That is the least of my concerns now, but again I'm back to the cardio....................you can do it!!!