Saggy skin. :/

Options
Hi there...

So, I reached my 70 pound loss goal this last week (still have 10-15 more to go) and I have noticed my face is looking saggy. :/ LOL, I had posted about this very issue a couple of months ago, my friend was concerned I wanted to lose too much and said I will be too thin if I lost all that weight, well, the body still has more to go, but my face is not looking so great. I am turning 44 this week and have always looked a lot younger than my age...but I feel like I have aged 15 years in the last 2 weeks, literally, I have hangy skin under my chin and my cheeks are hollow and I have under eye bags, ugh. And I am not even near my goal weight yet! Even if I lose 10 more, I am still at the top of the charts for a normal weight for my height.

I started my program back in February, so I haven't lost the 70 pounds SUPER fast or anything...and I do low carb, so I am eating a lot of natural fats, etc. so it's not that I am not getting enough fats for my skin.

I ordered some collagen supplements today - I'm hoping it will help my skin to not get worse at least... Has anyone tried any supplements targeted to help skin?

I am a supplement taker, but just haven't tried collagen.

Thanks in advance.

Barbara

Replies

• mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Very good question, I wanted to bump this to see some answers too, although I haven't got that far yet.
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    SBC do a collagen gel which is really good - it really hydrates skin which might help. Well done on the weight loss!
  • shaunagosling7
    Options
    first of all, congratulations on losing so much weight, :)
    second of all, saggy skin can be because of rapid weight loss, you could have lost it to quickly for your skin to be able to keep up, it should do in a couple of weeks. just going abit to slow, my mum lost alot of weight at one point and she has the same problem but hers sorted itself out, good luck for getting rid of it and the extra few pounds that you want to. also happy birthday :)
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know what you are seeing....I have had this issue myself. I have been doing facial exercises to help with this. Here is a website that will explain some of them. I'm sure you can look for more if you wanted to.
    http://facialexercisesguide.com/8/how-to-get-rid-of-double-chin-3-double-chin-exercises/

Hope this helps.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know what you are seeing....I have had this issue myself. I have been doing facial exercises to help with this. Here is a website that will explain some of them. I'm sure you can look for more if you wanted to.
    http://facialexercisesguide.com/8/how-to-get-rid-of-double-chin-3-double-chin-exercises/

Hope this helps.

Sorry about the double post....I hit submit and it didn't do anything so I hit it again....Yeah I may be a little too impatient.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    What do you mean your face is saggy?!! Ugh!! First it is the belly, then the arm wings and now the face!!! Someone should have told us all this stuff BEFORE we gained the weight!! Maybe we wouldn't have gained so much!! LOL!!

Let us know how those supplements work. I have never heard of them.

Think I am going to invent a skin shrinking machine...kind of like that machine you put stuff in bags to freeze and it sucks all the air out (skrink wrap?), LOL!

Congrats on your weight loss success!!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I too would love to hear answers to this question. Well done on your weight loss, that is an incredible achievement. Shame you don't feel so good about it right now though, I'm sure it will all sort itself out. :smile:
  • BarbieHier
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all of the replies so far (and B-day wishes too! :o) )

I read great reviews on the collagen supplements, so I am hoping they will help. I really don't want to quit losing just yet, but I sure don't want a saggy face either! :/

I will update when I see some results!!! I hope I DO!
  • BarbieHier
    Options
    And I will check out the exercise site too, thanks for the link!! :D
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I use these skin tightening wraps and tightening gel it has made a HUGE difference.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Maybe put off the last of the weight loss for a couple weeks so your skins got time to catch up with itself and see if theres some change :) that way you may avoid getting it any worse!