Are you dreading the holidays?

Options
The next eight weeks can be a scary time. Check out this blog for some helpful tips.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Liliswen/view/holiday-newsflash-don-t-become-a-statistic-164519

Replies

• cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    I am def dreading it! Had so many parties to go to already and then we leave for a 2 month stay in South Africa and wont have our own kitchen or anything. Grrrrr
  • MeTime37
    Options
    Not really, Just have to plan. Im great at planning so my goal is no eating out or going over til Thanksgiving. If I can do this then I will reward myself with a mani/pedi. I love cooking for the holidays & thank goodness this site has a recipe builder so I can keep track :O)
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    Not worried.....moderation...moderation...moderation...lol
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    im dreading the holidays due to inlaw problems. The food isnt a problem, i carry protein shakes with me so i can supp my nutrients.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to them.
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have two of everything to go to! And none of them are healthy!!! I really don't want to show up with my own food either because I'm afraid it might cause some disturbance. However, I'm getting good at the whole moderation thing and eating slow so I'm not worried about overeating! And with the shopping experience on Black Friday, I'm sure I'll burn up most of my calories!!! :)
  • nibblerbigcat
    Options
    I look forward to them :-) My birthday happens to fall between Thanksgiving and Christmas as well, so it's a favorite time of year of me. I've never gained a significant amount of weight, maybe like 2-3 pounds and then it goes away. My real problem is the winter January - March, when I have no motivation to work out.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've told myself that I'm still going to enjoy it and eat good food, just in moderation.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i'm looking forward to them!

i just wish it was summer now my arms & shoulders are looking good and my stomach is getting there... wanna show 'em off!!! looks like i will have to go on holiday for some winter sun so i can get my bikini out!!