Today's food notes? Do you use this?

Options
2»

Replies

• it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I use it if my food intake was out of the ordinary - if I had a blowout, if I tried something new that I need to make again, etc.
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I recently started using it every day to record my blood sugar levels and blood pressure for my doc visits. Since its 2 different docs needing the info it would be great to have a separate place for each thing and a way to track it all on one page instead of on each day. thats alot of pages.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    You can go to my home... check in...change measurements.... add a field for blood pressure (I have 3 fields, systolic dystolic and pulse) and another field for blood sugar... whenever you "check" your numbers log them in there (assuming once a day checking for overall progress)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I've actually been using primarily that section. For the most part I am no longer counting calories but I am trying to keep a record of what I have been eating for non-weight loss health reasons. I get too OCD about weighing and measuring and red numbers and green numbers that it is best for me to just note what I ate and how I felt afterward.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I use it to track special occasions like Thanksgiving dinner, birthdays, etc that may affect my calories for that day. I have no problem going over every once and a while, but I like to know there was a reason!

I also use it to note when I am on night shift, since I won't be on a regular schedule then.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit, so after each day is synced and completed, in the Food Notes for that day I add my actual caloric burn for the day and my caloric deficit for the day (or surplus, as the case may be).

I've also used it to notate when I've altered my settings in some way since MFP changes EVERYTHING, past, present and future, whenever you change a setting. So I like to know why suddenly a huge chunk of days looks like I was over or under.

And I use the exercise notes mostly when I'm injured so I know why I don't have workouts logged during that time.
  • redcore
    Options
    I typically use it just for my trainer to read, like "*blank* food was estimated based on similar food in the database because I couldn't get an exact entry for where I got it from" or whatever. Nothing too interesting :P
  • wannabthin65
    Options
    You can go to my home... check in...change measurements.... add a field for blood pressure (I have 3 fields, systolic dystolic and pulse) and another field for blood sugar... whenever you "check" your numbers log them in there (assuming once a day checking for overall progress)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I use it to record the day's NET calories. Because if you look back at your diary, it doesn't tell you net cals and I'm lazy and don't want to figure it out every time.

I also use it to record if I eat something for special occasion (cheat day, birthday party, etc).
  • wannabthin65
    Options
    Tks Pandorian..I'll give it a try!:happy:
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I used it for the first time last Friday when I wrote this: "Lots of alcohol; cocktails and wine. Bad day for calories. No idea how much I drank in total." There was no way I was going to attempt to log what I'm sure was over 1000 calories worth of alcohol!

I like the idea of using it to record the 5 weeks thing though, I might start doing that.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Thanks again for another great idea.
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    great thread! been using my notes to track daily wt, net cal intake & mfp's predicitons. Now I have more great new ideas! i think the 'food notes' is mfp's best accessory ;)