Diet soda

Options
I am not a big fan of water. I try to drink some daily even the flavored water and just can't seem to drink enough. Can someone still lose weight by drinking mainly diet soda?

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Possibly, depending on what the rest of your diary looks like.
  • DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been doing just fine with diet soda, but I try to limit myself & counteract each 8 oz of soda with 8 oz of water.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Maybe you can still lose weight, maybe you can't... but probably yes. That doesn't make it okay for your body either way though.
  • sgpaschak
    Options
    0 calories, 0 weight gain. Though with all the acid, it will not hydrate you and it is not great for your teeth. I think they promote water retention as well.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Maybe you can still lose weight, maybe you can't... but probably yes. That doesn't make it okay for your body either way though.
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I still drink about a can of diet pepsi a day and I have still been losing. I know it's not the best for you, but at least it's somewhat better than regular pepsi. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I need to get my caffeine fix from somewhere!
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    diet soda hasn't affected me but i still drink lots of water.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of water. I try to drink some daily even the flavored water and just can't seem to drink enough. Can someone still lose weight by drinking mainly diet soda?

Well it's certainly a better choice than regular soda, BUT lot's of Sodium in Soft Drinks...I was not a big fan of water but I love it now..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've known dozens of people who have done it.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

This!
  • drog2323
    Options

This!
  • drog2323
    Options

This!
  • drog2323
    Options

This!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    A bunch of people will tell you no, but I have. It doesn't need to be plain water - feel free to add Crystal Light or something to it. The bottom line is that you just need to be well hydrated and you get that way from all fluids, even from food. Is water better for you? Yes, I won't dispute that, i could probably do without the chemicals. But it's my one vice and I haven't given it up yet. I have done so temporarily in the past and saw no change in my weight.

http://www.realage.com/eat-smart/food-and-nutrition/how-much-water-do-you-really-need

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/02/eveningnews/main3991145.shtml
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sure, but you're still ingesting bad chemicals. :)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Well it's certainly a better choice than regular soda, BUT lot's of Sodium in Soft Drinks...I was not a big fan of water but I love it now..

Define "lots." The bottle I am drinking has 70 mg for the entire bottle. That doesn't seem to be a massive amount to me.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Possibly, depending on what the rest of your diary looks like.

Why would this matter at all?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I am a diet coke addict... I would honestly try everything in your power to not join me on that addiction :) It's proven bad for your bones/calcium retention as well, if I remember.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Define "lots." The bottle I am drinking has 70 mg for the entire bottle. That doesn't seem to be a massive amount to me.

I had a diet vanilla coke for only 40. whew so much! xD
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into Tea and Coffee? I can't do caffeine so I'm decaf for both, but they offer a great variety of flavours.