How many serious MFP's can I get on FACEBOOK?

How many serious MFP's can I get on FACEBOOK? I'm just curious as to what will happen by sending this out. I want some new FB friends anyway. I especially want MFP's that are really into fitness and working out. Request me! facebook.com/dannylives

Replies

• PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Do people have a lot of MFP friends on facebook?I'd feel weird about it, especially since I NEVER talk about my weight on Facebook XD
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    I would suggest you let people get to know you better first.... Im definitely not in the habit of 'friend'-ing people who I have a serious doubt about their intentions...
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    I don't combine the two. I keep facebook for family connections - as we live from MD to California - so it's nice to stay connected.
  • I'm just bored with all my old Facebook friends and want new ones. This is a shameless attempt to get new Facebook friends. I'm a recovering alcoholic and all they know me as is the OLD Danny. 95% of them don't even talk to me, I know most from junior high or high school. "Danny? Oh you mean Danny, the alcoholic?" Well, I'm doing really good this year by staying sober, so request me!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    We are already friends on FB! :laugh:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I don't really mix rl and MFP.
  • UsedToBeHusky

You consider FB to be "real life"? Or at least that is what I presume "rl" stands for?
  • kapeluza

You consider FB to be "real life"? Or at least that is what I presume "rl" stands for?

No [insert insult here].
    I don't mix my personal life with MFP since I have strictly family members and close friends on my FB. Sorry I hand to spell it out for you.
    But OP, good luck gathering peeps on your FB!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I'm me everywhere and not afraid to be someone's friend on various social sites. I do keep subject matters separate, weight loss and diet here, family and chit-chat on FB, gaming on my game sites, and abuse support on my abuse support site. But I do have friends who cross over into other realms, I just don't talk diet so much on FB or bring up abuse on MFP or discuss gaming on my abuse sites, if you know what I mean :tongue:

Oh, and we're friends on FB already, Danny :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky

No [insert insult here].
    I don't mix my personal life with MFP since I have strictly family members and close friends on my FB. Sorry I hand to spell it out for you.

I'm sorry. I missed the previous post where you said you only use FB for family. Didn't mean to offend.
  • kapeluza

No [insert insult here].

I'm sorry. I missed the previous post where you said you only use FB for family. Didn't mean to offend.

No offense at all :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky

No [insert insult here].

Nevermind. That wasn't actually you. Well, not everyone uses FB strictly for their "real friends". Maybe you shouldn't take it so personally when someone asks for a little clarification.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    I dont really mix the 2. I rarely talk about my weight journey on FB. I have 2 of my MFP pals son FB. They are both huge inspirations to me and the one has been with me since day 1 and I consider him a true friend.
  • hahahahaha
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm just bored with all my old Facebook friends and want new ones. This is a shameless attempt to get new Facebook friends. I'm a recovering alcoholic and all they know me as is the OLD Danny. 95% of them don't even talk to me, I know most from junior high or high school. "Danny? Oh you mean Danny, the alcoholic?" Well, I'm doing really good this year by staying sober, so request me!

delete the old that are not supportive of your new life or even speak to you
  • But i see them around town, it would be awkward.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    I'm another one who doesn't mix the two. I have friends on here butkd have to get to know them a lot better to friend them on FB!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Yeah FB + MFP = No Bueno
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    We are already friends on both FB & MFP!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    I have a page devoted sppecifically for this reason if you (or anyone else) would like to join! Just copy and paste into your browser and you can join!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perfect-Fit/210745002332718