Food Challenges

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
A restaurant in Denver has started making a 7-pound(!) burrito and will give it to anyone who can finish it.

burrito.jpg

:sick:

Beau Jo's Pizza has a challenge that if any two people can finish a 15-pound pizza then they get it for free and win $100.

Have you or someone you know ever done a food challenge, what is the most food you've ever eaten at one time, and do you have any local restaurants that offer a similar deal? :noway:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    A restaurant in Denver has started making a 7-pound(!) burrito and will give it to anyone who can finish it.

burrito.jpg

Beau Jo's Pizza has a challenge that if any two people can finish a 15-pound pizza then they get it for free and win $100.

Have you or someone you know ever done a food challenge, what is the most food you've ever eaten at one time, and do you have any local restaurants that offer a similar deal? :noway:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My husband used to win the pie eating contests at his old boarding school!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Looking at that burrito makes me ill!!:sick:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

Ditto!
    That burrito looks gross....:frown:
    Who in the world would eat by themselves :huh:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Maybe that guy from Man Vs. Food should vist there. :sick:
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There's a show on Travel Channel called Man vs. Food where he attempts food challenges. From spiciest, to largest, to what the heck are you thinking!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That doesn't even LOOK like a burrito!

My husband never did any eating contest but where ever we went he always ordered the biggest thing they had. They would always say "Sir, do you know how big that is, are you sure you want that much?" and he would say yes I know and yes I want it. He would usually finish it all too. But now he is having a hard time finishing what I fix him for breakfast and dinner. He has lost about 20lbs since the first of the year!!!

Memaw
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is the biggest burrito EVER! Pardon me for saying so, I see what it looks like now, I don't want to see what it looks like later (if you know what Im saying about mexican food!)... hehe :blushing:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Ditto!

I heard 3 women have tried to do it. :sick: WTH are people thinking???? :noway:

I heard the chef say it has 12 potatoes, 12 eggs, pound of cheese, one onion, pound of ham & then smothered in green chili. :sick:

There used to be a place in Amarillo, TX called "The Big Texan" that offered a free 72 oz. steak for anyone that could finish it. :sick: :noway:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Ditto!

I heard 3 women have tried to do it. :sick: WTH are people thinking???? :noway:

I heard the chef say it has 12 potatoes, 12 eggs, pound of cheese, one onion, pound of ham & then smothered in green chili. :sick:

There used to be a place in Amarillo, TX called "The Big Texan" that offered a free 72 oz. steak for anyone that could finish it. :sick: :noway:

That's like that part on The Great Outdoors! :sick:
  • KFought
    KFought Posts: 10
    Options
    Reminds me of that old John Candy movie "The Great Outdoors" and the "Old 96'er" steak challenge he ate in the movie. Yikes!
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Can you imagine how many calories/fat/sodium is in that??? I would gain about 20 lbs, I think I gained 2 just thinking about it!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Steak sounds good to me right now.

But, like 4 ounces!! :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Wonder how many people order these huge meals with a diet coke? :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Wonder how many people order these huge meals with a diet coke? :laugh:
    Tons, I'm sure!! :laugh:
  • KFought
    KFought Posts: 10
    Options
    Probably more than you think......
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've never been there, but The Big Texan, in Amarillo, has a deal that if you can eat a 72-ounce steak dinner (with sides) in an hour, it's free.

Here's an article about it (and yes, many people -- more than 4,000 -- have done it):

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/3087
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I've never been there, but The Big Texan, in Amarillo, has a deal that if you can eat a 72-ounce steak dinner (with sides) in an hour, it's free.

Here's an article about it (and yes, many people -- more than 4,000 -- have done it):

Good article, thanks! :smile:

Here it is: TXAMAsteakgal.jpg
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

After overeating last weekend with the absolute agony I was in afterwords, I would not even consider a buffett let alone an eating challenge. We have a local resturaunt that has some sort of steak challenge. No thanks.

Burrittos and steaks R making me hungry though.
  • Vixen16
    Vixen16 Posts: 17
    Options

burrito.jpg

I am baffled by the sheer size of this and am wondering how anyone could fit that in no matter the size!:huh: Just think that is an instant 7 pound weight gain *shivers*:noway:
  • Shannon023
    Options

I am baffled by the sheer size of this and am wondering how anyone could fit that in no matter the size!:huh: Just think that is an instant 7 pound weight gain *shivers*:noway:

I can't even imagine the mindset of "I'm gonna have 3-days worth of calories in one sitting."

GA-ROSSSSSSSS :sick: :sick: