Mind over matter

Options
I'm not in the "community" part of this site all that often so I don't know if this was already mentioned here, but I had an "aha" moment the other day and am hoping that it will help with my weight loss.

I renamed my meals on my food diary and now I have: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack. What I find it does is it makes me see that there is another meal coming and that I don't have to gorge myself on what I'm eating now. Before I would have my lunch, and then an apple, and then maybe a little chocolate etc because it was such a long time till dinner... but now as I was entering in my lunch, I saw that I have a snack coming up shortly and it made me feel satisfied.

Let's see if this works in the long run.....

Have a good one everyone!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChrisMarie1416452
    Options
    Great idea, I agree that if you know your snack is coming then you won't be so tempted. Scheduling is good, helps you stay focused. Oh and I don't get on here much, but I'm glad I caught your post. Thanks... :happy:
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What I've actually done, and I know I'm not the only one, is rather than naming the meals, I inserted time windows, like 6-10, 10-2, etc. It's helped me quite a bit, because I can look at the times and say, oh boy I've eaten enough for this four hours, I can wait until 2:00.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This is how I've always set up my day. Depending on what I have for breakfast or lunch (some fill me up longer than others) - I'm not always hungry at snack time (though this doesn't happen often) - but it's always nice to know that it's there for me if I need/want it. Best of luck to you ~ hope it works for you! :happy:
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    I noticed you can change your meals names. these are good ideas. i use to do the 6week body makeover and all i took away from that was eat every 2.5 hours.

this post really gave me some good ideas. now i can schedule what i will eat for snack also.

thanks