future cardiac patient

My son hooked me up to Fitnesspal. I was your typical overweight middle aged male and recently laid off. After looking at mysself I said enough is enough. Since July 1, 2011 I have totally reconfigured my eating and working out regimen.
Lets face it folks when your grown children are worried it sort of wakes you up.
Again since July I have lost 43 pounds.

Replies

• kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Wow! Congrats!
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    I wish my dad felt the same way, he's spiraling into terrible health no matter what any of us say.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Inspire!...
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    You sound like me. unemployed and overweight, with adult children who were concerned about my health. I'm glad you turned it all around. Best of luck here. Therea are a tone of resources and people in the same place you are who need inspiration and who are read y to be your cheerleader.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    That is awesome. Good for you!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 778 Member
    Great job! Congrats!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 616 Member
    im happy you took his fear into consideration. clearly, you have a lot to continue living for and am glad you took the step you needed to!!
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Wow, being laid off is lousy but you it seems have found a silver lining to it. you have created a job.
    That is job is in getting back to yourself. Getting healthier, and fitter.
    Congratulations to you that you have taken this step of spending your time in this way.

Kiki:happy: :
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    congrats on taking things at hand
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    It works both ways!! It was actually my Dad who was worried about ME killing myself and dying before him...
    He was my wakeup call and it saved my life ----

You should be very proud of yourself for listening to your kids and showing them they are so important you realized you wanted to be healthy for them! (and YOU!)
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    I wish my dad felt the same way, he's spiraling into terrible health no matter what any of us say.

Both my mom and dad are the same way as above...Their motto is, "I won't live forever so I'm gonna live like I wanna"...I don't want to end up like that, therefore, I am taking care of myself NOW...!!!...I wish you well on your journey to good health... :flowerforyou:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Good for you and your son for getting you motivated. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!